Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #10426
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
A simple riddle:

Four of us are in your field
But our differences keep us at yield

First, a one that is no fool
Though he resembles a gardener's tool

Next, one difficult to split in two
And a girl once had one as big as her shoe

Then, to the mind, one's a lovely bonder
And truancy makes it grow fonder

Last, a stem connecting dots of three
Knowing all this, what are we?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #10427
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Sounds like the different suits in a deck of cards, but that would be too easy.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 01:12 AM   #10428
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Sounds like the different suits in a deck of cards, but that would be too easy.

Stitchawl
You got it! Very good.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:08 AM   #10429
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK... since there seemed to be a lot interest and fun from the last silly question, here's another...

We all know what a Duffel Bag is, more or less. Most of us have used them for one thing or another. We even sometimes call the stuff we put inside them our 'duffel.'
Why did it come to be called a Duffel Bag?

Stitchawl
Old 12-22-2012, 05:06 AM   #10430
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Interesting - I'd no idea there was a specific origin story. It sounds French, so was the bag designer Monsieur Duffel?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 05:13 AM   #10431
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Interesting - I'd no idea there was a specific origin story. It sounds French, so was the bag designer Monsieur Duffel?
Amazing! And Monsieur Duffel would be so pleased, especially if he could get the royalties for it. But unfortunately, Monsieur Duffel designed the Duffel Tower, the almost famous sight in Paris, so... please accept this home version of the game as a consolation prize, and our thanks for playing! Who's our next contestant, Ed?

Stitchawl
Old 12-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #10432
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Amazing! And Monsieur Duffel would be so pleased, especially if he could get the royalties for it. But unfortunately, Monsieur Duffel designed the Duffel Tower, the almost famous sight in Paris, so... please accept this home version of the game as a consolation prize, and our thanks for playing! Who's our next contestant, Ed?

Stitchawl
Funnily enough the Duffel Tower crossed my mind too. I tried to ascend it once, but because of all the strewn clothes and other crap, couldn't get past the first stage .

I'm gonna need a clue, I think.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #10433
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Funnily enough the Duffel Tower crossed my mind too. I tried to ascend it once, but because of all the strewn clothes and other crap, couldn't get past the first stage .

I'm gonna need a clue, I think.
No clues in the first five minutes of the game...
And no, it was NOT designed by Mr. Bag either! This one is too easy. Oops! I almost gave it away!

Stitchawl
Old 12-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #10434
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Is Duffel a word for Bag? So it's a Bag bag?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #10435
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You beat me to what I thought would just be a wild ass guess. I was going to go even farther out there and guess that if was a French word for bag. I speak no French.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #10436
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Duffel is a town in France, Switzerland or Belgium. So it is where they made the bags?
Old 12-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #10437
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Nope. It's the name of the bag's 'birth place.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Duffel is a town in France, Switzerland or Belgium. So it is where they made the bags?
Close enough. While my Internet search couldn't locate a Duffel in France or Switzerland, it certainly is a location in Belgium. Pops right up in Google Maps!

You're up!

Stitchawl
Old 12-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #10438
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Thanks. I couldn't remember which country it was located but knew it was a French speaking one.

Another easy riddle:

I am always hungry,
I must always be fed,
The finger I touch,
Will soon turn red.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:20 PM   #10439
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Fire.

Stitchawl
Old 12-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #10440
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think Stitchawl has that one!

If it was my turn to set a question, I might ask if you know the secret that I know about MobileRead. But since only the mods would be able to answer, or rather, wouldn't be able to answer (because it's a SECRET), I suppose it wouldn't be a very fair question.

What I can say is that you won't want to miss it, so keep an eye on the announcements forum over the next few days.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote