Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #16
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
In that case, the simplest solution (IMHO) would be the door on supports tall enough for your knees to fit under - then cut a typing well to drop your keyboard -

although what if you moved the monitors to the edge/front of the desk (so you wouldn't have to fit your knees under the desk but could still read what's on them) and used a drafting chair with a lap desk (with side supports that would rest on either side of you on the chair seat) for the keyboard? Adjust the height of the lap desk for what's comfortable on your arms? You would sit next to the desk, without having your legs under the desk ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
In that case, the simplest solution (IMHO) would be the door on supports tall enough for your knees to fit under - then cut a typing well to drop your keyboard -

although what if you moved the monitors to the edge/front of the desk (so you wouldn't have to fit your knees under the desk but could still read what's on them) and used a drafting chair with a lap desk (with side supports that would rest on either side of you on the chair seat) for the keyboard? Adjust the height of the lap desk for what's comfortable on your arms? You would sit next to the desk, without having your legs under the desk ....
Man, who knew that there were so many ways to type, eh? I've spent a day looking at freaking DESKS, for heaven's sake. I looked at one that was PERFECT, for a mere $3700. {sigh}. The door it is, methinks, or, perhaps turnabout is fair play, and I'll just take the conference table (that somehow, migrated to Himself's indoor shop--don't ask!), and mooch it to the office. I'll just slap one of 3M's sturdier dropdowns on it. That would give me all the space, etc., I need. It's imperfect; simply a variation on the door theme. But I guess that 3-4 monitors that are on movable-swing arms is just not that normal. (Surprise!).

Of course, then I'll take all kinds of crap for mooching the table, but, hey. I'm going to keep looking--some places I haven't checked yet, but between keyboard trays that are too narrow (Logitech wave), or desks that don't adjust, etc., it's just a royal pain. I don't see why, after a mere 3 decades, I should have to upgrade my desk! It's outrageous!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #18
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post

Of course, then I'll take all kinds of crap for mooching the table, but, hey.

Hitch
Tell him to go buy a cheap door.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #19
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Tell him to go buy a cheap door.
MWAHAHAHAHA. In fact, I think I have an old door out in the garage (the OTHER, yes, THIRD, shop)....

Thanks for the laugh.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote