Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-29-2013, 02:07 AM   #121
GMFuller
Connoisseur
GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GMFuller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
There's a minor typo in the KoboUtilities_Help.html file:

If anything goes wrong, the database could get corrupter.

Probably meant to be 'corrupted' or 'more corrupt'.
GMFuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #122
jbaumann
Zealot
jbaumann began at the beginning.

Device: Multiple Kobos, multiple Kindles
Hi David,

thank you very much for a much needed functionality. I would second the wish for an automatic save on connecting the device. And in the few cases where I do not want to get the status from the device allowing this to be turned off would be quite sufficient for me.

One minor problem: The performance report PeterT gave doesn't really make it usable (at least automatically) for the time being. I assume that you will need some debugging to speed up the process, and I would be happy to be a tester (at least for OS X).

Thanks again, Joachim
PS: My wife nearly killed me when I restored her Kobo a few weeks back without this information...
jbaumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #123
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMFuller View Post

Would you believe that was a deliberate error so that I would know if someone actually read the help?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #124
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Would you believe that was a deliberate error so that I would know if someone actually read the help?
Try to look for the meaning of this sentence: "No cuela"

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 06-29-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Minor edits
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #125
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
'Kobo the corrupter'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #126
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Try to look for the meaning of this sentence: "No cuela"
I'm wounded

Well, I was baffled when Google translate gave me "no school". But, I found something that explained it.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #127
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta of background job

I really should go to bed but there's only 10Km to go...

I have added an option to run the store as a job. This is the first step in being able to run this automatically. The store is started in the same way, but there is an extra option to run it as a job. Once started, the following is what happens:

- Collect the list of books to do the store for
- Run the job collecting the reading locations from the device
- Prompt whether to actually save the changes
- Store the changes in the calibre library

Because of the prompt and when the actual updates are done, more work has to be done before this can be automatically run.

One of the reasons for putting this out is performance. While doing this, I tuned the SQL used a little bit. This had a big affect when run as a job. The non-job version was not as noticeable. At the moment, for my test library of 420 books and 77 with reading positions, both ways takes about the same total time. I'm interested in how long it takes for those with more books on the device.

As always, if you see a bug, tell me so I can squash it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-1.1.1.zip (99.9 KB, 341 views)
Old 06-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #128
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Wow.. the retrieval seems quite quick
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #129
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm wounded
I've used the same "explanation"

Quote:
Well, I was baffled when Google translate gave me "no school".
"No escuela"
Old 06-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #130
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMFuller View Post

"Corrupter and corrupter!", cried Alice.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:51 AM   #131
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
As always, if you see a bug, tell me so I can squash it.
I'll try to get traces because I'm getting an "Index out of range" when I'm trying to restore the info in some books.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:15 AM   #132
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Corrupters of the English language sometimes think they are all powerful - chief among these lackwits are of course polyticians, but software scribes run a close second

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it" - Pitt the Elder 1770.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #133
jbaumann
Zealot

Just tried the beta, and it definitely is fast.

I have around 5000 books in my library 360 of which are on the Kobo. I simply marked all 5000 of them in the library view and started the "Store" process as a background job.

Calibre needs nearly a minute to preprocess stuff (I assume it creates a list of all books or something) and the "Store" process needs 3 seconds.

Yay :-)
Old 06-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #134
jbaumann
Zealot

Btw., one question: I have existing ratings in my "Rating" column. If I use this for the plugin to store the ratings on the Kobo, will it delete the existing ratings if there are none on the Kobo? I wouldn't like that, and for the time being I simply created an additional column "Rating Kobo"...

<off topic>
Oh, and is there a simple way to rate a book while reading it? I only know of the rating functionality in the book details view. Or something like a back or up button?
</off topic>

Cheers, Joachim
Old 06-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #135
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
I tried this plugin today and loved it, it is so much easier to keep track off the readings, and finally was able to remove the annoying tiles from the main menu.
David for your work
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities