Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #1
ksejung91
ksejung91 began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
PDF to EPUB cover page issues

I am trying to use calibre so I can upload parts of research papers that I need to read for my class. Which means it has no set book cover and I dont know how to stop Calibre from making the first page the cover page. Please help!

Im using nook simple touch.
ksejung91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #2
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Download Sigil and set up any cover you want (recommended at least 600x800).

Either way, it has to have a cover. Calibre probably just takes a snapshot of the first page and saves it as an image.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Calibre does take the first page as the cover regardless if it's just text or a graphic image.

There is a plugin to allow one to design a cover. It make not be pretty, but it will work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, epub, nook, pdf, simple touch