Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 04:21 AM   #1
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Sony reader android app.

Hi
Left my reader at home. I suddenly remembered that Sony had released app for android. as I am reading a book I actually bought from reader store i thought I could continue to read it on my phone using app. How silly of me to think that would work. I am in the UK. When I go to the Android market it tells me that it is not available in my country. Can that be right and I wonder if anyone else has tried using it in the UK.
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #2
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasn75 View Post
Hi
Left my reader at home. I suddenly remembered that Sony had released app for android. as I am reading a book I actually bought from reader store i thought I could continue to read it on my phone using app. How silly of me to think that would work. I am in the UK. When I go to the Android market it tells me that it is not available in my country. Can that be right and I wonder if anyone else has tried using it in the UK.
Tried, and failed. Maybe it's because we've only just got the reader store and they haven't quite got around to the app yet.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for trying and you may be right
Old 09-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for trying and you may be right
I'd already tried several days ago. It's making me think hard about jumping ship to Kindle - easy syncing of books and reading position between apps and physical devices is looking very tempting, particularly with the PRS-T2 looking like last year's model.

Andrew
Old 09-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
thomasn75
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
I'd already tried several days ago. It's making me think hard about jumping ship to Kindle - easy syncing of books and reading position between apps and physical devices is looking very tempting, particularly with the PRS-T2 looking like last year's model.

Andrew
I am seriously thinking of going to kobo glo. As I buy most of my books from there anyway. I have no faith in Sony ever getting it together. Can't really agree with amazon closed system plus i have to many books in epub. I like my Sony reader but it is becoming harder to cope with the lack of progress.
Advert
Old 09-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
andyh2000
Avid reader

Quote:
I am seriously thinking of going to kobo glo. As I buy most of my books from there anyway. I have no faith in Sony ever getting it together. Can't really agree with amazon closed system plus i have to many books in epub. I like my Sony reader but it is becoming harder to cope with the lack of progress.
I was going to go with the Kobo until I discovered the multi-device/app syncing only works with books bought from Kobo. I get stuff from all over the place so that would be too limiting for me.

Andre
Old 09-09-2012, 03:11 AM   #7
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
Hi
Nah it's not available in the UK although I ignored google play and tried it anyway by sideloading it I only kept it on about five minutes it doesn't have any option to import books so only books you download from Sony would work.

The apps a big waste of time in my opinion.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:48 AM   #8
thomasn75
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Nah it's not available in the UK although I ignored google play and tried it anyway by sideloading it I only kept it on about five minutes it doesn't have any option to import books so only books you download from Sony would work.

The apps a big waste of time in my opinion.
Thanks for that. I won't waste anymore time on trying to get it to work.