Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Mine:Kindle 3(wifi)Sony PRS-300(died)His: Sony Prs-300
Page turning on the kindle question

I have a Kobo that i just purchased this weekend but the one annoying thing about is the "flashing" when I turn the page.

I was wondering if the Amazon K3 page turning was flawless or if it did a flashing thing too.

Because of the flashing on the kobo I may be returning it to Walmart if it ends up being a migraine trigger for me.
TIA
Fiona
terraskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Uh, sorry to tell you but the flashing you see is characteristic of all e-ink devices.

If you find it really bothers you that much, you might be better off looking for a non-e-ink reader. Most have found the adjustment to be a slight one, and within a few hours of use do not notice the flash anymore.

Please give it a chance? But if you can get over that, I think the K3 is really a great e-reader!
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Mine:Kindle 3(wifi)Sony PRS-300(died)His: Sony Prs-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
Uh, sorry to tell you but the flashing you see is characteristic of all e-ink devices.

If you find it really bothers you that much, you might be better off looking for a non-e-ink reader. Most have found the adjustment to be a slight one, and within a few hours of use do not notice the flash anymore.

Please give it a chance? But if you can get over that, I think the K3 is really a great e-reader!
Thanks..i was kinda afraid of that. someone mentioned that the flash on the k3 isn't as bad as the Kobos so that may be a blessing for me at least. I'm going to give the kobo at least until the end of the week before I decide to return it and order the k3 sooner ...I would like to have both though

Other than the ipad didn't realize there was other non e-ink readers out there. very interesting

Fiona
terraskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
The Kobo's flickering on page turning was very annoying to me. I was torn between the Nook and one of the Sonys. Today I bought a Kindle. K3's page turning still flickers, but the page turning is much quicker and not as bothersome to me.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by terraskye View Post
Thanks..i was kinda afraid of that. someone mentioned that the flash on the k3 isn't as bad as the Kobos so that may be a blessing for me at least. I'm going to give the kobo at least until the end of the week before I decide to return it and order the k3 sooner ...I would like to have both though

Other than the ipad didn't realize there was other non e-ink readers out there. very interesting

Fiona
The contrast on the K3 and the speed at which it operates is greater than the Kobo... it happens so quick on the K3 it really shouldn't bother you...

I might keep the kobo if you're into library books, but for everything else the K3 is a great device.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert