Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
ebeckhusen
ebeckhusen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Hey from San Diego :)

Thought I'd drop by and introduce myself, as I've been lurking here for a few days now .

I'm waiting for my Sony 505 to arrive on Tuesday (come on, come on, come on!). This isn't my first e-reader, though. I had the Rocket Ebook and the Softbook when they first came out. Really loved the Softbook but unfortunately had to sell it .

I love the concept of being able to take so many books with you as I'm a voracious reader and have been know to read a number of books at the same time and don't want to drag them all along with me.

So far I love this forum and am trying to read as much as I can to see how the technology has changed and how to do things that I might need to do on the Sony (such as conversion). My biggest hope is that the e-reader market will finally take off, I was very disappointed that this didn't happen when the Rocket/Softbook came out!
ebeckhusen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome! There's still plenty of members using Rocket books, so maybe they can share some pointers. Enjoy your Sony when it arrives!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi ebeckhusen and welcome to MobileRead. Be sure and let us know how you like your 505 once you get your hands on it. I've had one for over a year now and like it a lot.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:14 AM   #4
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi ebeckhusen and welcome!

I love my 505 and read on it constantly. There are thousands of great books here on MobileRead to download which should keep you going for a while!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote