Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #16
larysa
Zealot
larysa began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4
@ kovidgoyal
i have download latest AMD Radeon HD 6370M Drivers package from AMD....
but to not install everything, what should i install to solve my problem? see attached the list of available drivers....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	174242  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-14-2019 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Deleted faulty URL. Attached image from post 25
larysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:55 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The driver.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:40 AM   #18
larysa
Zealot

mmm... you have see photo on my link above???
i have, on driver folder, 4 folder:
- amdkmafd
- amdkmpfd
- Display
- WDM

which of these? i don't want install all!
Old 10-13-2019, 04:08 AM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
larysa - when I click your link I see this

Name:	Annotation 2019-10-13 190529.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	174204

Use the MR attachments feature.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:44 AM   #20
larysa
Zealot

@ BetterRed
very strange... when click on my link i see my image! anyway MR attachments feature it is possible only insert image from link, not from my pc...but....

anyway not work. nothing.
i've run AMD catalyst setup and installed all. but on reboot i see on my video setting, generic VGA driver, and calibre have always same problem on preview.
then i come back tanxs true image on my prevoius image of C: and i have search manually one driver to update.
from my screen - screen resolution - advanced - card - property - driver - update driver - search driver into pc
and i have insert my path of latest catalyst display driver. update see generic AMD card 6300, not my specific 6370, anyway i go ahead and same result: only generic video card are installed...
then i come back (renew!) with true image on my previous C: image.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:09 AM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No idea, I am not a wndows user, I have no idea how amds windows drivers are organized.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:42 AM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
IIRC WDM is the Official (MS) version.
I have no idea what the amdxxx ones are.
I went to the AMD site, entered my model, chose Driver (which had not changed since 2013 :/ ) No joy for me.

Note In each driver package, there is a Setup file. That test for the proper hardware before processing further. That will stop you if you have the wrong one for your chipset

I also tried with the window on an external Monitor that was NOT plugged into the VGA port on the Laptop. I had a USB VGA (Trigger) adapter. Still no joy
FWIW My desktop has monitors on DisplayLink type USB (2 brands of HDMI) adapters with no Calibre problems using them
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:02 PM   #23
larysa
Zealot

I do not know.... for me nothing work!
i come back to calibre 3.48
Old 10-13-2019, 03:46 PM   #24
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by larysa View Post
@ BetterRed
very strange... when click on my link i see my image!
You see it because you are the owner Ψ³

Quote:
anyway MR attachments feature it is possible only insert image from link, not from my pc...but....
Go into Advanced Mode and click the paper clip icon. et voila:

Name:	Annotation 2019-10-14 063947.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	174215

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:16 PM   #25
larysa
Zealot

ok, understand! tanxs.
but problem remains....!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	546456456.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	174240  
Old 10-14-2019, 04:42 PM   #26
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
NO not an already installed Driver.
Get the latest from AMD for your GPU set (note: it may be that you, like myself already have it, since the last update for mine was years ago. Only the CC part updated)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:40 AM   #27
larysa
Zealot

i have download latest AMD driver for my ATI Radeon 6370 for win7 x64 at this link:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graph...adeon-hd-6370m

then on Catalyst Software Suite have whql-win8.1-win7-catalyst-15.7.1-oct30.exe file.
i have extract this file on C:\temp and have WHQL_Catalyst_15.7.1 folder.
on this folder only driver to update my graphic card is into: Packages\Drivers\Display\WB6A_INF....
but installed (update) this driver, i have only VGA driver installed, not properly ATI Radeon driver.... and same behaviour with run whql-win8.1-win7-catalyst-15.7.1-oct30.exe (install video driver only)...
then i come back to prevous C: image with true image.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3453454.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	174249  
Old 10-16-2019, 10:59 AM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
i have download latest AMD driver for my ATI Radeon 6370 for win7 x64 at this link:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/graph...adeon-hd-6370m

then on Catalyst Software Suite have whql-win8.1-win7-catalyst-15.7.1-oct30.exe file.
i have extract this file on C:\temp and have WHQL_Catalyst_15.7.1 folder.
on this folder only driver to update my graphic card is into: Packages\Drivers\Display\WB6A_INF....
but installed (update) this driver, i have only VGA driver installed, not properly ATI Radeon driver.... and same behaviour with run whql-win8.1-win7-catalyst-15.7.1-oct30.exe (install video driver only)...
then i come back to prevous C: image with true image.
Ignore what you've done. Download the beta version executable. When it's downloaded, double click the executable file oyu've downloaded. Then when it asks where to do it's business, just accept the default and let it install. Don't change any of the options. When the install is done, you have to reboot. Then try Calibre 4.1 and see if it now works.

https://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/no....2.1-sep20.exe
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 03:19 AM   #29
larysa
Zealot

ok tanxs for support!
now i try... after put here my result!
Old 10-18-2019, 03:48 AM   #30
larysa
Zealot

same behavior as the previous time...
download and installed latest driver from your AMD link, the problem is that the installer does not install the correct driver, but when i restart my pc i see a generic VGA driver...
and have run non-whql-win8.1-win7-radeon-software-crimson-relive-16.2.1-sep20.exe !!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0001.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	174312   Click image for larger version

Name:	0002.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	174313