Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-09-2019, 06:43 AM   #1
NeilGlos
NeilGlos began at the beginning.

Device: Kinde Voyage, Kindle 2016, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, Kobo Aura 2
Collections and Syncing Issue

Hello

I have a Kindle Voyage, in addition to Kindle apps on my iPhone and iPad. I also have a Kindle PW, which I rarely use (for travel etc.), I have an issue with one particular e-book and collections.

I organise all my e-books by collections, with some books in more than one collection and one e-book in particular “refuses” to stay in a particular collection. It’s fine whilst the Kindle is in airplane mode, but when I connect and sync, the books is removed from the collection although it remains on the Kindle “collectionless”! Yesterday I connected and synced and the book disappeared from the collection, I re added it and it disappeared again! It seems fine in other collections, although I would need to test that a little more to be sure.

Any thoughts or advice…?

TYIA,
Neil
NeilGlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:18 AM   #2
SusanReads
Connoisseur
SusanReads can read with one handSusanReads can read with one handSusanReads can read with one handSusanReads can read with one handSusanReads can read with one handSusanReads can read with one handSusanReads can read with one handSusanReads can read with one handSusanReads can read with one handSusanReads can read with one handSusanReads can read with one hand

Device: Kindle Voyage & Kindle Oasis 3
Hmmm, I did have an issue with my Voyage once where two particular books refused to be removed from my To Read collection. I could add them to another collection, but they still remained in my To Read collection. I always have airplane mode on, so no syncing for me.

I'm not sure where the issue originates tbh. Removing the (side loaded) books, then restarting my Voyage and then uploading them again did the trick for me.

I'm not sure about downloaded books though. I only ever use my computer to put books on my Kindle.
SusanReads is online now   Reply With Quote