Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-12-2020, 11:57 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Marcia, enjoy your Libra.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:47 AM   #32
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Marcia, enjoy your Libra.
Thanks Jon! So far it’s been a pleasure to check out library books on it, I haven’t had an opportunity to use the stand feature yet but it’s nice to have the option.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:02 AM   #33
lovetoRL
Enthusiast
lovetoRL began at the beginning.

Device: looking
Popping in to say that I agree, while it is expensive, the Kobo origami cases are much better quality than the ones found on Amazon. I happened to find mine on ebay so I didn't pay full price. I would advise to try that route.
lovetoRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:24 AM   #34
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage View Post
I ordered a Clara HD from Walmart, a place I never patronize, because it was on sale for $90 plus tax. But it never showed up and is now backordered with no ETA. I'm thinking that whatever inventory vendors have now for that device is all they'll ever have. Maybe a new model is imminent, perhaps the rumored Nia. With the pandemic, it's hard to get direct info, even to the degree that they'd normally give it, from any of these companies.

So I've been looking into alternatives with Indigo being an appealing one. Their customer service phone number is down because of the pandemic, too. I see that it would be $118 delivered, pretty much the same as Walmart's original price, but minus the tax. Not nearly as good as the sale price, but I'd feel better than I'd feel buying from Walmart.

Back to something resembling the original post, I already have the Kobo branded case for the Clara HD, which I'll return if I never get the device. It feels solid and the reading stand, which is not the origami style, is pretty stable and usable. Aesthetically, it's not exciting, but it would appear that it'll do the job. I've never bought any of these covers for any device that was all that durable. I got a pricey name brand one for an iPad that didn't hold up much better than the Amazon ones do.
I have a brand new Clara HD that I'm willing to part with. PM me if you are interested in buying it.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote