Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-09-2021, 01:26 PM   #1
EAHope
Wacky Writer
EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question Kindle 4.1.1 (1813030025)

Hello,

My oldest sister has this kindle 4.1.1 (1813030025). It's working just fine, but recently, she had got a new ebook reader. So she factory reset this kindle to give it to her oldest son for him to read at.

But now, no matter how many books are in the Library downloaded from the PC (as that always worked), they won't appear.

I've read somewhere the old account may be still bonded with this kindle unless this device is deleted from the account. But it somehow didn't help in many cases I've read about.

She also claims she never had an Amazon account bonded with this one. Actually, she said she had no Amazon account during the time she used this ebook reader. I personally have no idea. Apparently, she could load the books into it from the PC and read it just fine.

I tried to register it under my account, but it failed every single time even after another factory reset. The books are physically inside the ebook reader, but we can't access them.

My guess is, this Kindle is so old, Amazon just shut-it down and so, you can't register it and thus use it. But I haven't found any information about this being unsupported kindle. I also can't Update Kindle from the menu.

Is there anything I can do to make this work again without breaking the device?

Thank you :-)
EAHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 02:08 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
You should be able to register it to your account (barring some unusual history, such as having the device reported lost or stolen). Can you describe how registration fails? If you have 2 factor authentication for your Amazon account turned on, you will need to have your phone (or other method) available when you register (or I suppose you could turn that off before you attempt to register). Perhaps it goes without saying that you need to connect to WiFi to register.

Also check that the side loaded books are in the correct folder (/documents).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2021, 09:05 PM   #3
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
You need the latest update to connect to the internet again. However, the old kindles are quirky and had to be updated sequentially, so you'll have to update to 4.1.2 then 4.1.3 then 4.1.4. I went through this myself last week with a K4 I picked up at a secondhand shop to permanently keep in my bag.

Here is the support article with the link to each: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...DD8E64F7AAEF8A

Also, if you have 2FA enabled, add the code to the end of your password when you try to log in. No need to disable it.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:05 PM   #4
EAHope
Wacky Writer
EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thank you so much :-) This worked like a charm (once I kicked my lazy butt to do it :-D)
EAHope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, support