Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Version 2.6 available now

Here you go...

New:
  • Library cover view.
  • New percentage progress in current book icon badge option.
  • "Disable pinch gesture in library" option in Settings.app.
  • Long-pressing the checkmark button in the library automatically selects all visible books.
  • New and updated Lora typeface by the Cyreal type foundry now supports Extended Latin and Cyrillic character sets.
  • New and updated Arvo typeface now supports Extended Latin and Cyrillic character sets.
  • Updated OpenDyslexic typeface with better language support and improved spacing.

Enhancements:
  • [iPad] Updated library help screen.
  • [iPad] Animation between list expanded and condensed mode.
  • Deep View menu item can be removed from Home > Settings > Menu tab.
  • Library viewing modes can be toggled from the "Show" (sort) menu.
  • [iPhone] Easier to select text on the first line of a page when vertical margins are set to small.
  • [iPad] Restored "Back to last position" button (in addition to back arrow in book bottom toolbar).
  • Other UI and performance enhancements.

Fixes:
  • In some very rare cases, Marvin would re-extract covers during startup.
  • [iPhone] Settings icon was missing on home screen when using the "Glorious Gold" app theme.

More info and notes here.

Happy new year.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
Bobioden
Connoisseur
Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Bobioden could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iPad rMini
Great update. Thanks for all your hard work. It is greatly appreciated.
Bobioden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're welcome. Glad you like it.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #4
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Thanks, Kris. Could you add Avenir Next to list of fonts.

I guess for that matter you could add all available system fonts so people will stop asking for this or that font . And by people, I mean me.
Barty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hehe nice. I'll update it later when I get to my Ipad.
Great app getting even better
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #6
Lancer_325
Lancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPhone
Great update Kris, really enjoying Marvin. Can I be really cheeky and ask if syncing across devices is far down the line?
Lancer_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #7
kguil
Addict

@Barty - I've tried Avenir before but I didn't find it to be a good reading font. I'll have a look at it again.

@Lancer_325 - Location sync improvements (sooner) and highlight/bookmark/notes syncing (later) are definitely on my to do list. I don't have a timeline yet though. I'm currently working on a really cool feature for 2.6.5. After that, there's a ToC bug that's been nagging me for a while so I'll work on that next.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:03 AM   #8
matthamand
matthamand began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5S
Really enjoy Marvin.

In the last versions of the app I was able to bring up the metadata panel even though I had minimum margins set (iPhone). Even though I gather it wasn't supposed to work that way. The latest update seems to have killed that.

Is there any way this could come back? It was a very useful feature. In fact, that and a library cover grid were my only missing features.

If the tap gesture for metadata isn't going to work, is there some other way to add access to it during reading?
matthamand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:52 PM   #9
Lancer_325
Lancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blueLancer_325 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@Barty - I've tried Avenir before but I didn't find it to be a good reading font. I'll have a look at it again.

@Lancer_325 - Location sync improvements (sooner) and highlight/bookmark/notes syncing (later) are definitely on my to do list. I don't have a timeline yet though. I'm currently working on a really cool feature for 2.6.5. After that, there's a ToC bug that's been nagging me for a while so I'll work on that next.

Ok. Thanks Kris. Looking forward to that so. Loving Marvin 😀 happy new year
Lancer_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:15 AM   #10
kguil
Addict

@matthamand I'll check. It shouldn't have changed.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #11
matthamand
matthamand began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5S
Thanks for the response.
matthamand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #12
RONE
Enthusiast
RONE began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthamand View Post
Really enjoy Marvin.

In the last versions of the app I was able to bring up the metadata panel even though I had minimum margins set (iPhone). Even though I gather it wasn't supposed to work that way. The latest update seems to have killed that.

Is there any way this could come back? It was a very useful feature. In fact, that and a library cover grid were my only missing features.

If the tap gesture for metadata isn't going to work, is there some other way to add access to it during reading?

I'll second this. I have progress bar only and no header or footer text. Prior to this update I was able to tap at the top of the screen (where the time would normally be located) and get a drop down metadata view.
RONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:46 PM   #13
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@matthamand I'll check. It shouldn't have changed.
I can confirm this to be the same for me...I too have the minimum margin and hidden toolbars and was until this update able to pull down metadata info real easy just with a tap. Now it switches between day/night/custom.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:06 AM   #14
kguil
Addict

I've checked what's going on. Basically if the top section is tappable (to show metadata), then the first line cannot be selected. On the other hand, if I want the top line to be selectable then it can't be tapped (something has to give). This is a problem on iPhone only since the tappable zone overlaps with the text.

I'll see what I can do.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:11 AM   #15
espn5008
espn5008 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi! Kris,

I found a very readable slab font at

http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/bitter

http://www.huertatipografica.com/fonts/bitter-ht

I love Arvo, but this one looks more comfortable to me because it has the taste of the serif font.

Thanks always for your hard work!

e. spn 5008

Last edited by espn5008; 01-06-2014 at 03:27 AM.
espn5008 is offline   Reply With Quote