Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
anarcHy
anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook gen 3, Opus
Bookeen opus £49.99

I just went onto waterstones website in the uk and got a bookeen opus for £49.99 and a red leather cover for £5.99, well timed for me as my old bookeen cybook has just died If it lasts as long as my old cybook its a bargin
anarcHy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
mpd123
Zealot
mpd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo / samsung note 10.1
yes,great deal just ordered one earlier today.
has yours arrived yet?

cheers,mick
mpd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 03:25 AM   #3
anarcHy
anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!

Got an email last night from WHsmiths to say that they had part shipped my order, thankfully its the reader not the cover, so here's hopeing for today
Old 11-11-2011, 03:31 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Very good deal; the Opus is a nice reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:08 AM   #5
anarcHy

Oops I mean waterstones
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
mpd123
Zealot
mpd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipsempd123 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo / samsung note 10.1
yes same message i got and it is now waiting for me in the house.

am very pleased with the speed of delivery shame the case didn't ship as well.

cheers mick
mpd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
anarcHy

Got to love great timing, I turn up at home the same time as the delivery man, just opened it up and realised it comes with a black leather look pouch as part of the set up, now time to play, may be returning my read leather cover when it catches up
Old 11-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Advice/review ?

This seems excellent value, and good spec's - any comments/advice/reviews of this reader ?

Only it's getting that time of the year, and I know someone this could suit perfectly.
Main thing for them would be, is it easy and simple to use ? And download and Calibre OK ?

I'm quite tempted, looking at the blurb, 'specially at the price, but surely I can't justify another reader for myself .....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #9
anarcHy

Basically is just the same as my Gen 3 which I have had for 4 years and is now failing and I read a lot so it did well. The opus is a lot smaller so fit in one hand really easy. It is not a touch screen or wireless (which I did not want as I tend to read and eat my lunch which would result in a messy touch screen and it not being wireless means I can save money and only buy when the unit is docked to my laptop). It works fine with calibre and apprentice alf and come loaded with software to read Epub but you can downlad firmware off the bookeen website and using a micro SD card change so it can read mobi. But it is either mobi or epub not both at the same time. On the plus side it is also E ink and really easy to use. Basically it is just a Gen 3, but smaller and wont play music (but who want and ereader for that !!!!!)
Old 11-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
At that price I couldn't resist. Opus and red cover now ordered.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #11
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Yup, sold I think !

Thanks anarcHy.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:01 AM   #12
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
It's a pity it's only available within the UK. At that price, it would have been a great Christmas present!
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #13
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
if only I could find somebody to buy it for me in England
I love Opus but have really wrong bezel color

sniff
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #14
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
One more characteristic of the Opus that has not been mentioned above: You can build your own folder system, as it functions like an external drive. With 1300+ books, having a proper folder system is a HUGE advantage.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:09 AM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
At that price I couldn't resist. Opus and red cover now ordered.
I've just received shipping notification for the Opus, with cover to follow later.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookeen, opus