Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 03:32 AM   #31
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
No this could be a bug in mesuring the battery during the boot process
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:12 AM   #32
Groucho
Groucho began at the beginning.

Device: none
Any news regarding further fixing of the smaller bugs introduced with the last firmware?
Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:50 AM   #33
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
What bugs anyway ?
There is the meta data mess up, but for the rest ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #34
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
What bugs anyway ?
There is the meta data mess up, but for the rest ?
For example, bookmarks stopped working for ePub.

And text placed to near the border so you get shadows on the text and possibility to change this without changing the ePub file.

And so on...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:44 AM   #35
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Bookmarks for ePub were never implemented. Not a bug. Just a non-existant function.

Quote:
And text placed to near the border so you get shadows on the text and possibility to change this without changing the ePub file.
I'm surprised at that, I found margins set by publishers usually to large.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 03-30-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #36
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Not a bug, but a feature (in fact, like eowyn said, they were never implemented)
Quote:

And so on...
Not a bug, it's depend on the book. The 1.9 have the same behaviour
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:34 AM   #37
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Not a bug, but a feature (in fact, like eowyn said, they were never implemented)
Feature ?
I would have tough bookmarks on the "todo" list.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #38
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Not a bug, it's depend on the book. The 1.9 have the same behaviour
Yes, and it is a bug that you cannot compensate for it. End in the ePub file it is not clearly specified how to place the text. So if the reader place the text to near the border for a lot of commercially available books then there is a problem with the reader.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:18 AM   #39
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
End in the ePub file it is not clearly specified how to place the text.
The ePub does specify these margin.
Acctually, the opus adds left and right margin by itself to avoid having the text on the borders, top margin follow whatever the ePub says, and bottom margin get some weirdness. (I think related to the status bar).

Anyway, margins are and will stay a mess i'm afraid.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:14 AM   #40
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
what bugs are there in the 1.5 firmware (mobi) ?

i'm more than happy with mine, always have been (the reader, not bugs!!!!)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:16 AM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Any news regarding further fixing of the smaller bugs introduced with the last firmware?
It's not yet Monday.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:12 AM   #42
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
I can say that I've seen that on bootstrap the battery level is usually lower than it is after opening and closing a book, and the difference can be of 20% (e.g. bootstrap, battery level 50%, open a book, close it, battery level 70%).
I still do not understand, though, whether it is really a bug or a problem with my battery, which could start getting old.

It is not vital, of course, but it is annoying, as you never know what is the actual battery level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
what bugs are there in the 1.5 firmware (mobi) ?

i'm more than happy with mine, always have been (the reader, not bugs!!!!)
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:32 AM   #43
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I've seen that too. I'd say it's normal, booting up probably puts some additional strain on the battery, so that when its state is read it seem to have less charge than it actually has. Once the unit is on and running things go back to normal, and the next time the battery state is read (when you open and close a book) it shows a higher value (closer to reality, one would hope).

But I think it has been so since I bought the Cybook, more than 2 years ago.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:07 AM   #44
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
TO be 100% sure I'd have to reflash the older firmware, but I am pretty sure it did not happen before.
So I'm pretty sure it is new.

Whilst I still say it is not of the highest priority, still a nagging doubt remains about which of the two is the correct reading, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I've seen that too. I'd say it's normal, booting up probably puts some additional strain on the battery, so that when its state is read it seem to have less charge than it actually has. Once the unit is on and running things go back to normal, and the next time the battery state is read (when you open and close a book) it shows a higher value (closer to reality, one would hope).

But I think it has been so since I bought the Cybook, more than 2 years ago.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookeen, cybook, firmware, gen3, opus