Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-19-2018, 03:01 AM   #1
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
File Transfer, device to device

I am pretty sure we have not solved the matter of file transfer, when Desktop Operating Systems are not involved, so especially portable device to Onyx device.

With Desktop Operating Systems we are fully set, as expected:
-- USB cable plus MTP protocol;
-- USB connection and ADB command set (`adb push`, `adb pull`);
-- other methods, probably more convoluted.

Mass storage device to Onyx device, it seems patched but not something one generally recommends as practical while on-the-go:
-- special cables and external power sources are required (I have at this moment no time to check the posts).

Mobile device (e.g. Android) to Onyx device, I am not sure it was done:
-- the most straightforward and promising way looks one via a Bluetooth connection, but I have not yet managed to try.

Has anyone tried wireless file transfer between e.g. one's phone and a Max2 or Note?
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:57 AM   #2
sogaiu
Groupie
sogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Just tried with success.

First, performed a pairing for Bluetooth.

1. Tested sending a file from Max2 to Phone via Bluetooth -- used a file manager's (Amaze) share functionality.
2. Tested sending a file from Phone to Max2 via Bluetooth -- used the phone manufacturer's file manager's share functionality.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2018, 11:56 AM   #3
Question Mark
Guru
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogaiu View Post
Just tried with success.

First, performed a pairing for Bluetooth.

1. Tested sending a file from Max2 to Phone via Bluetooth -- used a file manager's (Amaze) share functionality.
2. Tested sending a file from Phone to Max2 via Bluetooth -- used the phone manufacturer's file manager's share functionality.
Great news. Will have to try on my Note. It could partly make up for the lack of an SD card slot if it works reliably.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:00 PM   #4
cicabum
Zealot
cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.cicabum is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx T68, Onyx Note
A very easy way to transfer files or folders "device to device" is the app Dukto. It's very simple to use it and it works like a charm on wifi. I just advice to active A2 mode when you use it on your eink device, because in normal mode the touch screen will not work properly on Dukto. Obviously Dukto should be installed on both of devices.

Here a small video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEu9PUheypA

Last edited by cicabum; 09-19-2018 at 02:04 PM.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:56 AM   #5
sogaiu
Groupie
sogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitsogaiu with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

I tried Dukto -- it's certainly convenient. I haven't verified it, but my impression is that info is transferred in the clear. Not sure I feel so comfortable with that for many use cases.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2018, 08:08 AM   #6
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogaiu View Post
I tried Dukto -- it's certainly convenient. I haven't verified it, but my impression is that info is transferred in the clear
There exist a few network sniffers (like pcap/Ethereal/Wireshark) for Android, some working through a "proxy" mechanism. I have not yet found one that satisfies me though.

Last edited by mdp; 09-24-2018 at 03:12 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:11 PM   #7
eReader fan
Connoisseur
eReader fan is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!eReader fan is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!eReader fan is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!eReader fan is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!eReader fan is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!eReader fan is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!eReader fan is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!eReader fan is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!eReader fan is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!eReader fan is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!eReader fan is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Onyx C67ML & N96ML+
How I always do it is connecting the devices on the WLAN crwated by my phone and then with an app called WIFI FILE TRANSFER it creates a port to connect via web browser. Its the easiest and fastest way to transfer anything between to devices
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:29 PM   #8
Marinolino
Connoisseur
Marinolino format shifts faster than booting WindowsMarinolino format shifts faster than booting WindowsMarinolino format shifts faster than booting WindowsMarinolino format shifts faster than booting WindowsMarinolino format shifts faster than booting WindowsMarinolino format shifts faster than booting WindowsMarinolino format shifts faster than booting WindowsMarinolino format shifts faster than booting WindowsMarinolino format shifts faster than booting WindowsMarinolino format shifts faster than booting WindowsMarinolino format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kobo A1, iPad(s), Kindle DX, Hanvon E930
A couple of older posts on using my wi-fi hdd-enclosure with e-ink readers, as well as several cross-platform apps for wireless file sharing between iOS/Android/PC/Mac devices.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...53#post3737653

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...49#post3706249

Last edited by Marinolino; 09-22-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:08 AM   #9
wuttipong
wuttipong began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note
Wuttipong

Hi,

I use this "Autosync Google Drive" along with google drive. (I regularly use google drive in my pc and BOOX.)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apps.drivesync

It's work perfectly. So easy to transfer and manage files in the device through my pc.
wuttipong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:21 PM   #10
Jayjee
Connoisseur
Jayjee began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Total Commander has a plugin WIFI Transfer, that also works fine. (Needs to be installed on both android devices..,)
I uses FolderSync Pro to sync with Google drive, but also with my own FTP server.
Both work fine.

Best,
Jan
Jayjee is offline   Reply With Quote