Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-06-2018, 05:08 PM   #31
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
These are the changes (in red) that will make the `My 24 line spacing values` patch behave the same as the `My 15 line spacing values` patch did in firmware 3.19.5761:

Code:
#
#
# Replacement value: the number of initial line spacing values to exclude from
# the line spacing slider; minimum 0, maximum 13. E.g. 9 will result in a
# slider with 15 positions, starting from the 10th replace_float value below.
replace_int = 659D66, 0, 9
#
# 24 replacement line spacing values: change these replace_float values to suit
# your device and preferences:
#
base_address = 659D80
replace_float = 0000, 1.0, 0.75
replace_float = 0008, 1.0, 0.78
replace_float = 0010, 1.0, 0.8
replace_float = 0018, 1.0, 0.82
replace_float = 0020, 1.0, 0.84
replace_float = 0028, 1.0, 0.86
replace_float = 0030, 1.0, 0.88
replace_float = 0038, 1.0, 0.9
replace_float = 0040, 1.0, 0.92
replace_float = 0048, 1.0, 0.7
replace_float = 0050, 1.0, 0.75
replace_float = 0058, 1.0, 0.8
replace_float = 0060, 1.0, 0.82
replace_float = 0068, 1.0, 0.84
base_address = 659F20
replace_float = 0000, 1.05, 0.86
replace_float = 0008, 1.07, 0.88
replace_float = 0010, 1.1, 0.9
replace_float = 0018, 1.35, 0.92
replace_float = 0020, 1.7, 0.94
replace_float = 0028, 1.8, 0.96
replace_float = 0030, 2.2, 0.98
replace_float = 0038, 2.4, 1.0
replace_float = 0040, 2.6, 1.05
replace_float = 0048, 2.8, 1.1
#
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:26 PM   #32
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain View Post
Would you mind sharing, which options increase your reading experience? I went through the 4 .patch files, but I'm not sure where to begin.
These are the ones I am using:
  • My 24 line spacing
  • Custom left & right margins
  • epub fixed top/botton margins
  • Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs
  • Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs
  • Allow searches on Extra dictionaries
  • Clock display duration
  • show games on Beta Features
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #33
bubulac
bubulac began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi guys,
I followed the instructions as directed to update my Kobo Glo HD and I got the following error message:

7-Zip (A) 9.20 Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov 2010-11-18

Processing archive: kobo-update-4.8.11073.zip

can not open output file KoboRoot.tgz

Sub items Errors: 1

ERROR Cannot find or extract "librmsdk.so.1.0.0"
Did you copy kobo-update-X.X.X.zip to G:\patch_kobo_40811073\4.8.11073_source?
Press any key to continue . . .

I checked, and the KoboRoot.tgz file is present in the downloaded archive, so I am not sure what the problem is.
Any ideas?
Thank you,
bubulac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:25 PM   #34
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubulac View Post
Hi guys,
I followed the instructions as directed to update my Kobo Glo HD and I got the following error message:

7-Zip (A) 9.20 Copyright (c) 1999-2010 Igor Pavlov 2010-11-18

Processing archive: kobo-update-4.8.11073.zip

can not open output file KoboRoot.tgz

Sub items Errors: 1

ERROR Cannot find or extract "librmsdk.so.1.0.0"
Did you copy kobo-update-X.X.X.zip to G:\patch_kobo_40811073\4.8.11073_source?
Press any key to continue . . .

I checked, and the KoboRoot.tgz file is present in the downloaded archive, so I am not sure what the problem is.
Any ideas?
Thank you,
It looks as if you copied the kobo-update-4.8.11073.zip file into the source directory and the batch file is attempting to unpack it to extract the KoboRoot.tgz file which is good but then 7-Zip is unable to open the KoboRoot.tgz for writing. Can you manually extract the KoboRoot.tgz file in the patch source directory (eliminate file permission issues)? A couple of suggestions would be to try running the batch file with a right click and run as administrator. If that doesn't work, try disabling your antivirus -- there have been several instances where file protection has caused issues (Bitdefender, Avast and McAfee have been mentioned).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #35
bubulac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It looks as if you copied the kobo-update-4.8.11073.zip file into the source directory and the batch file is attempting to unpack it to extract the KoboRoot.tgz file which is good but then 7-Zip is unable to open the KoboRoot.tgz for writing. Can you manually extract the KoboRoot.tgz file in the patch source directory (eliminate file permission issues)? A couple of suggestions would be to try running the batch file with a right click and run as administrator. If that doesn't work, try disabling your antivirus -- there have been several instances where file protection has caused issues (Bitdefender, Avast and McAfee have been mentioned).
Thank you for the suggestions.
Extracting the .tgz vile did not help, unfortunately.
Running as administrator resulted in the batch file looking in the Windows directory for the target archive.
Disabling Avast antivirus also did not help. I even tried adding the .batch file to exceptions in Avast, still with no results.
I guess I won't be able to patch my Kobo after all...
Advert
Old 08-13-2018, 04:51 PM   #36
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@bubulac: Are you working from inside a directory tree with extra long names somewhere, or non-Latin characters, or from a non-local drive?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:50 PM   #37
bubulac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@bubulac: Are you working from inside a directory tree with extra long names somewhere, or non-Latin characters, or from a non-local drive?
I am working from the KOBOeReader (G: ) drive, patch_kobo_40811073 directory.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:36 PM   #38
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubulac View Post
I am working from the KOBOeReader (G: ) drive, patch_kobo_40811073 directory.
I'd suggest using a directory on your local hard drive instead of on the Kobo's USB exposed storage. Since you mentioned that the run as administrator landed in the Windows\System32 directory, you might try editing the line in the batch file that reads:
Code:
CD %~dp0
to read:

Code:
CD /D %~dp0
and try the run as administrator again.

The /D switch allow setting drive and path simultaneously which is likely the cause of your not switching directories.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:04 AM   #39
bubulac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'd suggest using a directory on your local hard drive instead of on the Kobo's USB exposed storage. Since you mentioned that the run as administrator landed in the Windows\System32 directory, you might try editing the line in the batch file that reads:
Code:
CD %~dp0
to read:

Code:
CD /D %~dp0
and try the run as administrator again.

The /D switch allow setting drive and path simultaneously which is likely the cause of your not switching directories.
David, it worked this time!
Thank you for your suggestion.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:55 PM   #40
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
@GeoffR

Sorry for asking that but I recently change from 3.19.x to 4.8.11073 definitively and changing my patchs selection I missed this:

`Allow download all in Browser`
`Allow launching browser without WiFi connected`
`Custom page refresh options`
`Remove non/system fonts in Reader list`
`Un-force font-family override p tags (std epubs)`
`Accept any registration data, disable the Critical Error dialog`
`Show scramble game for all locales`

Can you tell which ones have been deprecated by fw updates or missing because difficult to find again?
I have interest in the first three.

Thanks as always for your work.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:28 AM   #41
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
#1, #2, #4, #6 (not necessary anymore, I think), and #7 are gone/deprecated.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:44 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
#1, #2, #4, #6 (not necessary anymore, I think), and #7 are gone/deprecated.
#3 can't be done any longer. It was changed and no longer patchable.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:47 PM   #43
SaraOliveira
SaraOliveira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Is the patch 'Only reading and My books' working on the firmware?
SaraOliveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 01:52 PM   #44
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraOliveira View Post
Is the patch 'Only reading and My books' working on the firmware?
I think so, but if you have any problem send me a PM.
Here you have the code for kobopatch.
Spoiler:

Code:
Only reading and My books:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: |
      Only shows 'Reading' and 'My books' in home screen
#
# This patch will NOT WORK with:
#
# Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen
# Remove footer (row3) on new home screen
# New home screen increasing cover size
#
# for sure, and probably with any other involving rows.
  - FindZlib: "#row1[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true],"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2 {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}"
      Replace: "#row1col2,#row2col2,#row3{qproperty-visible:false;}"

Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:46 PM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Even though I am not installing this firmware on my H2O but will wait for the updated firmware due out soon, I want to give GeoffR I big thank you for keeping the patches in the original format alive. Personally, I prefer this way.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote