Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-22-2018, 10:51 PM   #1
RickC998
RickC998 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Suggestion

I find myself always converting to both .epub and .mobi formats - nothing else - yet there's no way to add this choice (of converting to one's own choice of multiple choices) automatically.

Hmmm... a lost opportunity of making Calibre even better?
RickC998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid not, sorry. You shouldn't really need to pre-convert your files anyway, since calibre will auto-convert when sending to devices to the format most suitable for the device. Simply convert everything to EPUB and rely on calibre to auto-convert to azw3 for Kindles.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:36 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Housekeeping, moved thread out of Development Forum. Please read the Sticky post at the top of the development forum titled, "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - Purpose of Development subforum" before posting again in the Development area.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:08 AM   #4
RickC998
RickC998 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'm afraid not, sorry. You shouldn't really need to pre-convert your files anyway, since calibre will auto-convert when sending to devices to the format most suitable for the device. Simply convert everything to EPUB and rely on calibre to auto-convert to azw3 for Kindles.
Many thanks for the reply, Kovid.
RickC998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:50 AM   #5
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Very useful information, I didn't know this. I generally used always to make an EPUB and an azw3 copy.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote