Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 11-08-2015, 11:31 AM   #31
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
T62D can be updated from SD card with file "update.img". A file with the extension IMG is a full version firmware which can be dismantled and assembled. I don't see the need in update.zip. In Goole Drive has no free space. Why did you need file update.zip?

Restored update.zip file. In the future will moving files to another cloud.
Thanks. I didn't know you could update from a .img file. And thanks for the .zip file.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 02:41 PM   #32
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
Firmware: September 29, 2015 is available to download from Google Drive

You need to extract from a RAR archive and then upload to the device files update.zip or update.img file.

It is also possible using the app RKBathTool, a file with the extension IMG download with your PC the firmware in the device.
Thank you for putting these up for us. I am desperate to improve the battery life of my Boyue T62D.

On the Google Drive page, there are six options under the T62D folder. I'm assuming the first two are the Onyx firmware. The instructions for those seem very simple - copy the .img file to the root of the eReader, disconnect from computer, restart and then choose to update.

I really like how easy that seems, but I thought one of the other ones might be better. Are the other four options actual Boyue firmware updates or the Energy Sistem Pro firmware? Will I likely be able to do the simple update process with these, rather than the more complicated process in the "Tutorial y FW Energy..."?

And what is the difference with the last two that are listed OTA? Do those have .img files that I can transfer via WiFi or something?

Out of all the options, is the T62D-150929 the best choice for stability and battery life?

Thanks in advance for any opinions and guidance.

Oh... one more thing. Is there an easy way to back up my current device, so that I can restore it in case something goes wrong?
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:56 PM   #33
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can someone please help me. I was trying to make a basic stock ROM backup with the ROM_Dumper_Tool.exe

I had my Boyue T62+ connected to my computer and ran the ROM_Dumper_Tool.exe

My Windows 7 computer started installing drivers, which ended up failing... and now my Boyue T62+ is stuck on the USB Storage In Use page and is non-responsive.

Pressing the Turn off USB Storage button does nothing.

Pressing the power button, holding the power button also does nothing.

My computer shows no drive when I plug it back in.

I have no idea what happened, and what to do now.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you!

ETA: I got it to reset, but I still don't know why it happened, or how to make a backup if the dumper tool won't work.

Should I just try copying the T62D-150929 image to the root folder? If that updates though, I won't be able to restore it back if I need to if I don't manage to dump the system image... is that correct?

I'm not sure what to do now.

Last edited by blue_skies; 11-10-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:54 AM   #34
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
@downeaster:
I was confused too. As FOV explained update via update.img is only possible from FOVs Gonyx version 172. You have to flash the other package (not the update one) via RKBatchtool. I lost all my settings and installed apps but it was easy to get them back with Titanium Backup.
The T62D-150929 update worked fine by copying the update.img to a microSD card. (I included the update.md5 file too, since I wasn't sure if it was necessary.) As soon as I inserted the card, my Boyue T62+ woke up and said there was an update found and asked me if I wanted to update.

I was a little nervous because I never managed to make a backup image (I kept getting an error every time I tried to run the dump tool) but it updated fine. I still have my apps and settings too.

So far it has been going to sleep as it's supposed to (I had been having an issue with that) and I'm hoping the battery life will be much better with this firmware.

Thanks to FOV for posting these!
Old 11-20-2015, 09:09 PM   #35
Johann Cat
Johann Cat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kindle III; Kindle PWII; Boyue T62D; Onyx Boox i86
Many thanks to FOV for posting this material. I updated my Boyue T-62+ using the update.img file for the T-62D that FOV posted. I had been waiting patiently for something like this, because I was trying to avoid the hassle of swapping out the entire Boyue OS, which is fine except for its battery management, for an Onyx or ES etc. Thanks for this.

It shuts down, by itself, on a clock setting now, which is huge improvement--I'll have to observe it for a day or two to see how the sleep function (independent of shut-down) affects battery life. [ update 29 Nov: The sleep function works fine, now too. This update fixes what I rated as the major problem with the previous software.] Does anybody know why the OTA update function for the T-62D never showed this update? I checked the T62's OTA update function (I know that it is "manually" operated) often (even yesterday, coincidentally), but it always said "Nah. Got Nuttin'." I note this image dates from 28 September (the file saved date). How did FOV find it, out of curiosity? (I had been looking).

Last edited by Johann Cat; 11-29-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Johann Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:39 AM   #36
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann Cat View Post
Many thanks to FOV for posting this material. I updated my Boyue T-62+ using the update.img file for the T-62D that FOV posted. I had been waiting patiently for something like this, because I was trying to avoid the hassle of swapping out the entire Boyue OS, which is fine except for its battery management, for an Onyx or ES etc. Thanks for this.
Same here. I was so happy that, thanks to FOV, I could avoid having to flash the FW from another brand.

Quote:
It shuts down, by itself, on a clock setting now, which is huge improvement--I'll have to observe it for a day or two to see how the sleep function (independent of shut-down) affects battery life.
I manually updated my T62+ about ten days ago, and it has finally been consistently going to sleep when it is supposed to, ever since.

The battery life has been fantastic. I have been reading a ton, with the frontlight on the lowest setting, and the battery is at 57% right now. It used to run down completely in a few days, even if it was just sleeping the whole time. (I was so frustrated with it, I turned it off and put it back in the box for a couple months.)

Quote:
Does anybody know why the OTA update function for the T-62D never showed this update? I checked the T62's OTA update function (I know that it is "manually" operated) often (even yesterday, coincidentally), but it always said "Nah. Got Nuttin'." I note this image dates from 28 September (the file saved date). How did FOV find it, out of curiosity? (I had been looking).
I have been wondering this too. It's strange that the OTA never got this update.

Thanks again FOV!
Old 11-21-2015, 05:34 AM   #37
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
You realize that FOV based his work on the Onyx FW (to be specific, the Onyx Boox C67ML Carta 1.7.3), so, in effect, you have flashed the FW from another brand? But that's no problem. I found that the Onyx FW works much better than the Boyue FW on the T62+! Battery life is fantastic. FOV did great work here. Welcome aboard!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:07 PM   #38
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
You realize that FOV based his work on the Onyx FW (to be specific, the Onyx Boox C67ML Carta 1.7.3), so, in effect, you have flashed the FW from another brand? But that's no problem. I found that the Onyx FW works much better than the Boyue FW on the T62+! Battery life is fantastic. FOV did great work here. Welcome aboard!
The first post has a link to Boyue firmware.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:39 PM   #39
Johann Cat
Johann Cat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kindle III; Kindle PWII; Boyue T62D; Onyx Boox i86
Quote:
You realize that FOV based his work on the Onyx FW (to be specific, the Onyx Boox C67ML Carta 1.7.3), so, in effect, you have flashed the FW from another brand? But that's no problem. I found that the Onyx FW works much better than the Boyue FW on the T62+! Battery life is fantastic.
Are you saying that FOV re-engineered an Onyx update to be simply flashed to the T62, and that the T62 recognized this as Boyue software? So this was not FOV's relaying a stock update (as his original post and Purple Lady imply above)? (That would explain, perhaps, why this didn't show up as an OTA). If I did somehow flash firmware designed for Onyx, all that happened is that my Boyue operating system updated; the change resulted in no cosmetic differences. There is nothing obviously "Onyx" about the machine. Boyue recognized the update and installed it. Again, the non-foolproof alternative of swapping out the entire OS (including backing up the system) and debugging the result was an expenditure of time I wasn't interested in, unless I got desperate. Thanks FOV!

Last edited by Johann Cat; 11-21-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Johann Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 05:49 PM   #40
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Are you saying that FOV re-engineered an Onyx update to be simply flashed to the T62, and that the T62 recognized this as Boyue software? So this was not FOV's relaying a stock update (as his original post and Purple Lady imply above)? (That would explain, perhaps, why this didn't show up as an OTA). If I did somehow flash firmware designed for Onyx, all that happened is that my Boyue operating system updated; the change resulted in no cosmetic differences. There is nothing obviously "Onyx" about the machine. Boyue recognized the update and installed it. Again, the non-foolproof alternative of swapping out the entire OS (including backing up the system) and debugging the result was an expenditure of time I wasn't interested in, unless I got desperate. Thanks FOV!
If you're talking about FOV's first post, yes, that is Boyue FW. definitely. But, if you're talking about posts #3 and #4, these are based on Onyx FW. I must have thought you meant #3 or #4. Maybe you meant the first post.

Last edited by downeaster59; 11-21-2015 at 06:26 PM.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:50 PM   #41
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
If you're talking about FOV's first post, yes, that is Boyue FW. definitely. But, if you're talking about posts #3 and #4, these are based on Onyx FW. I must have thought you meant #3 or #4. Maybe you meant the first post.
The link to Google Drive in the first post has a T62D folder which has two folders which seem to be two different Onyx FW downloads (which require the more complicated flashing procedure, I believe) and then four zipped folders which seem to be four different Boyue options.

The latest Boyue option there (T62D-150929) was so easy to update - just unzip and copy to an SD card... and it installed itself. Like Johann Cat mentioned, books and settings were maintained, and it appears to be the same Boyue firmware - minus the bugs.

Battery life and sleep function are fantastic with this update.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:54 AM   #42
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
ROM confusion

Quote:
What a confusion.
Just checked it for the T62C.
The link on the first post gives access to:
1) 4 original Boyue ROMs: T62C-150831.7z, T62C-150929.7z, T62C-OTA-150831.7z, T62C-OTA-150929.7z
2) 2 C67ML adapted ROMs - named GOnyx - (one with normal memory and one with data patition extended):
Gonyx-T62C-150929-Extended, Gonyx-T62C-150929-Standart

So if someone is writing about the ROM he/she is using, please specify exactly which one is used.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:45 AM   #43
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
What a confusion.
Just checked it for the T62C.
The link on the first post gives access to:
1) 4 original Boyue ROMs: T62C-150831.7z, T62C-150929.7z, T62C-OTA-150831.7z, T62C-OTA-150929.7z
2) 2 C67ML adapted ROMs - named GOnyx - (one with normal memory and one with data patition extended):
Gonyx-T62C-150929-Extended, Gonyx-T62C-150929-Standart

So if someone is writing about the ROM he/she is using, please specify exactly which one is used.
I think both blue_skies and Johann Cat said the update worked great. No one said anything about a problem. The confusion was when downeaster59 said it was an Onyx rom and not a T62 update.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:04 AM   #44
yasteora
yasteora began at the beginning.

Device: KPW3 kobo touch
Smile thank you pOV

Thank you Pov!
this rom is better than the offical one.
it is more stable when I use koreader.
oreader(alreader) and neo reader are powerfull.

but the status is very crowded. and the blackgroud is black that not good look.
the icons are not unification.

why not let the status on the bottom like boyue's? that maybe good to use the
return boutton and seting butten
and the white backgroudand black icons maybe good look.
yasteora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:54 AM   #45
diegoocampo
Connoisseur
diegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipsediegoocampo can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PocketBook Inkpad Color 3
I am still a little confused here!

What would be the difference between T62D-150929 and T62D-OTA-150929 (which has a more recent upload date on this Google Drive folder).

And also: is it then recommended the Boyue ROMs over the ones in the "Gonyx-T62D-150929-xxxxxx" folders?

Thanks a lot in advance.
diegoocampo is offline   Reply With Quote