Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-01-2015, 02:28 AM   #1
doylejohn
The Leprechaun
doylejohn began at the beginning.

Device: none
XPath Expression Coding

I am trying to do a code for xpath in calibre that will make an images be content in the table of contents with a "name" but not the image because my ebook is a jpeg.doc in its content. Does anyone know the code which will work that? My images go something like this. My image file for page five is image-5. jpeg. Page six, image-6.jpeg and so on. Would anyone like to take a crack at this. After I get the new name for each file then I want to make that name a link from the TOC to its page. It is a little to challenging for someone who has had only a few programming classes and definitely not one in XPath Expressions.
doylejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Craaack

A Naked image
Images should be place upon a page(s) using a H#/Div/P tag

You index (List of Illustrations or Figures section) locations on pages

Some things are best done with the editor (and a little TOC generator hand work)
If you choose to use the automated tool:
You should locate the Paragraph with the image (img) tag and make it a H# tag

if you add to the <h3 title="foo on a stick"> that will be the label in the TOC

The TOC edit (the white block with a T) allows lots of additional options, including a Move (this only affects the index, not the file view order)
eg.
List of illustrations
Map 1
Map 2
Foo on a Stick
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:11 AM   #3
doylejohn
The Leprechaun

I will give it a try. Thank you for your input. If anyone else has other ideas let me know.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:57 AM   #4
doylejohn
The Leprechaun

Didn't work the first time. Calibre does its own structuring of XPath. I will try it a few different ways when I get a little more of a chance. I'm having two days off and I am not going to waste them. Probably on Wednesday night I try again. If anyone else has any thoughts feel free to write.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by doylejohn View Post
Didn't work the first time. Calibre does its own structuring of XPath. I will try it a few different ways when I get a little more of a chance. I'm having two days off and I am not going to waste them. Probably on Wednesday night I try again. If anyone else has any thoughts feel free to write.
Are you using the XPATH feature in the TOC Generator?
In the Editor S&R, it is just REGEX
It is easy to get which searches twisted

FWIW I only use code view to make my TOC, so I can't further help with the XPATH
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:33 PM   #6
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I always do like theducks says ...

Quote:
if you add to the <h3 title="foo on a stick"> that will be the label in the TOC

and make the TOC using [Generate TOC Using Major Headings] instead of XPath

The ...title=" " shows in the TOC but not the image

IMHO it's just easier that way, but then again I never do anything complicated either
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	135521  
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coding, images, links, table of contents, xpath