Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
holy boom batman!

2 explosions just shook my house! can't find anything on any news channels or web info!!!!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
Digital Ink
----
Digital Ink began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 International [pre-order]
The aliens are coming! Run!
Digital Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
well Obama is in town!
Old 08-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

ha! well I guess his air space was violated and they scrambled jets. I haven't heard sonic booms in................
Old 08-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
ha! well I guess his air space was violated and they scrambled jets. I haven't heard sonic booms in................
Yeah, that's what it looks like. You saw this, right?

Ore. Jets Scramble After Air Force 1 Space Violation

Remember when it was no big deal to hear a sonic boom? I haven't heard one here in YEARS.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I didn't see that particular article, butyeah, that is the jist of what I had heard.

I really can't remember the last time I heard one!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #7
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I've not heard one in years either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by from the article
The jets were cleared for supersonic speed...
I bet the pilots loved hearing that!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #8
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Like having a cop jump into your Corvette and telling you "catch that car!"
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #9
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Like being on the mortar range and having to expend the last 100 or so rounds in 5 minutes!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:31 AM   #10
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Did you ever find out what it was?? I was wondering all last night...
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:05 AM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

oh sorry!

sonic booms! we don't get them anymore I guess they are more or less not allowed (?) (hey don't look at me, I am a groundpounder, not a flygirl). anyway, supposedly a floatplane (of all things) was returning from a fishing trip, hadn't a clue the Pres was here, violated airspace, and badabing badaBOOM the big guys launched and observed.

apparently the sonic boomey thingey requires special permission and it really was unusual to have it happen
Old 08-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #12
Spoon Man
Groupie
Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 1
If I'm not mistaken going supersonic over populated areas has been forbidden since the fall of the supersonic commuter jets.
Spoon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #13
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Hey, this reminds me how much I enjoyed reading "The Right Stuff" by Tom Wolfe, probably 20 years ago. I bet I still have that somewhere on the bookshelf. Has anybody else read it? One of the most memorable things I gleaned from that book is that the tendency of commercial pilots to understate emergencies comes from a time-honored tradition of test pilots with nerves of steel doing the same:

Pilot, speaking in reassuring drawl: "Well, ladies and gentlemen, it appears that we may have a slight delay today in getting you to your meetings and what-have-you in Chicago. One of the engines has decided to take a little break, but don't worry -- the other one is a hard worker, and we'll get there fine. No problem."
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:32 AM   #14
Spoon Man
Groupie
Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 1
Haha, I'll have to add that to the read list.
Spoon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:32 AM   #15
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon Man View Post
If I'm not mistaken going supersonic over populated areas has been forbidden since the fall of the supersonic commuter jets.
apparently that can be rescinded at the need of the security of the president as many of us found out in western Washington State the other day. folks are still talking about it and interestingly enough a few damage reports are rolling in