Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 06:19 AM   #16
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
offtopic/

@ philophobos - Really like your avatar

/end offtopic
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:40 AM   #17
Tim_A
Tim_A began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad, PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick101 View Post
Excuse me, but what are you saying about all those brave young RAF boys and their blue uniforms? I think we should be told.
It matches their eyes?

I have no idea, but I would presume RAF Blue to be representative of the skies, Navy Blue representative of the seas, and Army redcoats (back to the pink) of an easy target...
Tim_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 04:56 PM   #18
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
I was just tired of al the black covers. Personally I probably would have chosen the orange, but the pink was what they sent me to review. I am also amazed they have yellow...! Would love to see that in person.
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #19
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
When my wife had a Sony 300, she had a pink cover. She liked it, but worried about it going with various outfits...lol....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:13 AM   #20
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Black is slimming. Makes my iPad look thinner.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #21
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
Black is slimming. Makes my iPad look thinner.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:00 AM   #22
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I purchased the black iPad official cover for $40 and that was over priced. I have since found via a Buy.com special a brown pleather case that works like a charm and fits in my leather bag. I just can not bring myself to pay that much when it's going to be in my purse in the first place. I can however, admire a well made bag when I see one, just not on my arm.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #23
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_A View Post
Before WWII, pink would have been considered very masculine (there were even pink Spitfires... although that was for camouflage). It was like a "young red", with its fiery, bloody, aggressive undertones. Back then, blue was the dainty, delicate, feminine colour!
Who could ever forget the stories about the famous pink baron (von Richthofen)
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have to say, that's not a cover but a sleeve. A cover is what Apple sells. You know, the black thing that protects the iPad while it's not in a sleeve.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #25
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
This is probably the first cover that I've seen that I am actually considering buying! Thanks for sharing and I loved your review and website!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:12 AM   #26
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have to say, that's not a cover but a sleeve. A cover is what Apple sells. You know, the black thing that protects the iPad while it's not in a sleeve.
I do know the difference. Did you look at the other pictures and read my review? Yes, a cover has more function than a sleeve, I agree. As you can see below, this is clearly not a sleeve but is does have the protection feel of one. I posted on my review that it's like having both a cover and case in one. That is why I like the design so much, with the apple cover you still feel the need for additional protection if you want to go anywhere with it.

Last edited by Octochick; 06-25-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #27
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
what's your kickback for pushing this case so hard..?
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #28
Octochick
Zealot

Am I? I do really love the cover and wish I did get a kick back. Other than my first post, i'm just responding to comments.