Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 01:31 AM   #1
oldman90
oldman90 began at the beginning.

Device: HP iPAQ 5550
Calibre Driver for Windows Pocket PC 2003

Currently I use an HP iPAQ 5550 as my eBook reader. While researching eBook information on the Internet, I located calibre.com and I am impressed with the program. Of course I read the manual to learn how to install calibre on my iPaq and I learned that if calibre could not recognize my machine I should follow the instructions and run Debug device detection and then send certain information to calibre so that a device driver would be written.
My problem is that there was no information that I found on where to send the information.
Any and all assistance with an address, e-mail preferably, will be most appreciated.
oldman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:47 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The debug informtion is either posted here in the forum (typically as an attachement), or (even better) by raising a ticket via the calibre home site ( http://calibre-ebook.com/bugs ).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman90 View Post
Currently I use an HP iPAQ 5550 as my eBook reader.
I also use an IPAQ as my ereader. If you have to use ActiveSync to see the memory and SD card, Calibre won't see your device as an ereader and the debug detection method to add a device for Calibre support won't work. OTOH, if you can directly access the device as a USB drive it will work. I have 3 WinMo devices. All 3 can be accessed via AS. One can also be accessed as a USB drive, but unfortunately, that one still can't be supported as an ereader because it doesn't properly report its presence to Windows.

I just use the Save to Disk option, instead of the Send to Device option. I usually stick the SD card into a card reader and save directly to it. Otherwise, I save to the HD and use Windows to go through AS to the device.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:57 AM   #4
oldman90
oldman90 began at the beginning.

Device: HP iPAQ 5550
Thank you for the "good" bad news that I am not the only one who encountered the problem.
Although I am a newbie with the eBook reader, and a really, really newbie with Calibre, I had implemented the same method you suggested by downloading directly to my SD card.
Thank you!

How do you access your iPAQ as an USB drive?

Last edited by oldman90; 05-01-2010 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Additional thought.
oldman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman90 View Post
How do you access your iPAQ as an USB drive?
Other than through ActiveSync I don't access either of my iPAQs as a USB drive. I access the non-IPAQ, but WinMo HTC HD2 as a USB drive because it has that capability. It asks me when I connect if I want a USB drive or an AS connection. The newer WinMo-based devices have this feature.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert