Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 06:04 AM   #1
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Broken top panel. How to fix it?

Well, I got the reader today...
And it was...broken by some STUPID IDIOT at our customs who checked the parcel!!!![/B] Oh God, I waited this reader so long, and now I have to fix it before using.

Like the previous time, when they broke the fasteners in cover, NOW they broke not only the fasteners, but also the top panel (see on photos, sorry for the quality I used my phone). Reader is fully working (I charged it), but I cannot turn it on or turn it off...

If anyone could help me to fix the problem - it will be much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0045A.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	49613   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0044A.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	49614  
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:38 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I don't know how to fix it, but you should be able to turn it off using the software and on by plugging into USB port on Computer.
Best is to return it and wait agin. Sorry not much help
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks for help but I bought it from person, not from the shop, and I saw the photos before the reader was sent to me. All was OK.
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Looking at page 6 of the Sony repair manual, it looks as if the top plate is only held in place by the two small screws on the back of the device aprox. 1cm down from the top. They are the only screws in that area. Perhaps they have stripped out?

Why not download the service manual from Sony? The pictures are very clear.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
palo
Enthusiast
palo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Looking at page 6 of the Sony repair manual, it looks as if the top plate is only held in place by the two small screws on the back of the device aprox. 1cm down from the top. They are the only screws in that area. Perhaps they have stripped out?

Why not download the service manual from Sony? The pictures are very clear.

Stitchawl
Do you have a link for the service manual?

p
palo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #6
BBRags
Connoisseur
BBRags began at the beginning.

Device: None
The manual is an attachment in this thread. Good luck!
BBRags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:34 AM   #7
palo
Enthusiast
palo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T2
Thanks BBRags

p
palo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
BeTePok, Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I have replaced that top piece on my own 505 after a mishap. Following the diagrams and instructions in the repair manual, it was one of the easiest fixes I have attempted. There is very little disassembly to remove that part.

You can order a new one at: https://servicesales.sel.sony.com/ec.../web/index.jsp. Enter part number A1362416A in the search box, and select Part Number from the drop down box next to it. The cost is $36 plus tax/shipping. The website indicates the part is in stock.

Hopefully this will put you back as good as new!
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote