Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 07:19 AM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
FB Reader version & blank lines

In a previous thread I read that the PB 360 didn't contain the latest version of FB Reader. Someone posted an improved version of that reader for use on the PB 360. (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65865)

Where can I see what version of FB reader is on my PB (bought last week)? Because I notice that does seem to come shipped with the latest firmware. And the fbreader.app file on the device is dated 1-1-2010 -- so maybe it also contains a later version of FBreader?

I do notice that FBreader disregards blank lines in the text. I'm reading a commercial epub from which I've removed the DRM to be able to read it in FBReader (it doesn't look good in ADE on the PB). Within chapters, different sections are separated by blank lines. FBreader removes these blank lines, so the subdivisions disappear. Is this a feature/bug of FB reader, or related to a setting I can change?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Hm... on closer examination, it would seem my PB 360 already came shipped with the most recent version of FBreader, the 180b offered in the abovementioned thread. At least the navigation-by-wrist-movement as described there is already possible in this version.

And as to the blank lines -- maybe it was in fact ADE displaying blank lines where there shouldn't be any. So scrap that.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 04:38 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
In a previous thread I read that the PB 360 didn't contain the latest version of FB Reader. Someone posted an improved version of that reader for use on the PB 360. (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65865)

Where can I see what version of FB reader is on my PB (bought last week)? Because I notice that does seem to come shipped with the latest firmware. And the fbreader.app file on the device is dated 1-1-2010 -- so maybe it also contains a later version of FBreader?

I do notice that FBreader disregards blank lines in the text. I'm reading a commercial epub from which I've removed the DRM to be able to read it in FBReader (it doesn't look good in ADE on the PB). Within chapters, different sections are separated by blank lines. FBreader removes these blank lines, so the subdivisions disappear. Is this a feature/bug of FB reader, or related to a setting I can change?
No, the bug/feature is indeed FBReader's own. Adobe Viewer shows blank lines correctly, FBReader doesn't. The programmer's team is working right now on getting rid of this "feature".
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote