Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Director Jon Landau on the iPad

http://www.macworld.com/article/1464...?lsrc=rss_main

Quote:
We talked to him about mobile devices, including the iPad, and how they will interact with the film industry in the future.

“I am a big Apple fan,” says Landau. “When I started out at 20th Century Fox they were all on PC and we managed to get everyone switched to Mac. It wasn’t easy but we did it.”

Landau says the iPad is a huge opportunity for the film industry. “I’m very excited by the iPad,” he says. “All of a sudden we have a screen, size-wise, that can compete with other screens. That’s where you’re really going to see content coming to life. You’re no longer watching it on a 2- or 3-inch screen. The iPad is going to give us the opportunity to display film product on a much larger display in what is still effectively a mobile device.”

On whether the iPad’s rather square form factor (versus a film’s widescreen display) Landau is more reticent. “I think it’ll influence how we prepare content,” he says. “We sit there and we take a movie and we shoot in in widescreen. When we go to television we reformat it, and I think we’ll reformat it for when we go to an iPad as well.”
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
Yoshi 1080
Addict
Yoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone, Mac
Duh reformat? Original aspect ratio FTW! I prefer 16:9 for movies and those look good on the iPad as well. Besides it's not really a TV replacement anyway.
Yoshi 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert