Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Talking Fictionwise: 100% Micropay Rebate on Any Buywise Membership!

I just received this email:

Sign up for our very popular Buywise Club using credit or PayPal purchase and 100% of the membership's purchase price will go back in your account as a Micropay Rebate. But hurry, this offer only lasts through December 22!

I missed the sale last time it was offered, but now that Fictionwise is adopting more Epub titles, I'm getting it. I guess the only decision is how many years of membership to buy.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Majah
Majah began at the beginning.

Device: eSlick
I used that offer last year and now my subscription is up for renewal. I really hope they send me that offer too.
Majah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I'd been waiting for that offer... and now I'm not sure I want it. Fictionwise's customer service has been going downhill since B&N bought them.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
Ina
Ina began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Mobile
I did not receive any email, but got the Micropay rebate anyway. Just add Buywise to the cart and see if you get Micropay rebate.
Ina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #5
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Yeah, same here. The rebate shows up when added to my cart. I took advantage of the deal last time but I'm not sure I buy enough from them to justify doing it again.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Now that Sony's books are all epub - I don't think I'll be buying as much from FW and format shifting. So, I'll probably pass this year.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:02 PM   #7
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Given B&N's displays of EReaders from Sony, it would seem strange to me that Fictionwise would do anything other than start carrying more Epub titles that can be read on Sony devices. I really like the Micropay rebates as they bring the effective cost of each title way down. I have not found any site selling titles as low as Fictionwise with rebate prices. My problem has always been that they just don't have enough compatible titles.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:03 PM   #8
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Added to my cart to verify (my membership is current) and it does indeed work. I just renewed my membership in October though on the last deal for 1 year and I'm not sure I want to extend or not.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:35 AM   #9
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
I'm real tempted to extend my membership; I was scrolling through my wish list and discovered a number of titles are now listed as secure epub, even a couple Star Trek titles that I had already gotten elsewhere are now listed as "Secure Adobe EPUB". I even found a couple other recent non Trek books I want in epub

Hmmmm.......... I guess I'm gonna sleep on it for a day or three!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:32 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Bagged it. -- Remember, for a one year subscription, one also gets a FREE ebook of your choice valued up to $10.00

Before I did that, however, I unchecked any ebooks in my Cart. Then, with the 29.95 awarded to me in Micropay, I then checked all the books (about $28.00 worth), and then applied the Freebie Coupon for 20% off, and then purchased them.

RESULTS: A free membership and a free $10.00 book, plus a whole lot of books with a huge discount.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #11
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
I went ahead and "renewed"; well, "extended" is a better word. :>

Between the immediate micropay and the $10 coupon...
and I made some additional purchases

and for anyone curious, even though the "thoughts25" code was supposed to expire on the 15th, it still worked for me a few minutes ago.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I recently purchased a club membership not long before this offer. So I've just sent off a message to Fictionwise asking for the rebate. Let's hope they come through.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:30 AM   #13
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
I was looking at this offer as I got an email for it but I have a question, what is the difference between secure epub format and not secure formats?
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:15 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
I was looking at this offer as I got an email for it but I have a question, what is the difference between secure epub format and not secure formats?
Secure ePub requires that your use Adobe Digital Editions to read the books, or the equivalent on an ebook reader (Adobe supply a software kit to ebook reader manufacturers).

ePub can be read by anything that reads ePub (inlcuding Adobe Digital Editions, etc). And it's easy to extract the text, or tweak the formatting.

You can convert from Secure ePub to ePub using a couple of python scripts. One to find your Adobe Digital Editions key, and one to do the conversion. This may or may not be legal to do in your country.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #15
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Thanks So sounds like buying unsecured might be the best bet.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote