Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-31-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
ploik000
ploik000 began at the beginning.

Device: iliad irex
iliad diagnostic or test tool

Hi, I'm going to buy an used Iliad 2nd edition in Italy. An I would just wondering if it exist any diagnostic or test software tool (better if already in the system and not to be installed) that can help me to understand if the devide works properly or it has any hw/sw faults.

Do you have any experience on such sw ?

Marco
ploik000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:27 AM   #2
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Hi Marco,
No software, but check at least the following:
  • open a pdf from a usb stick connected to the Iliad (to test the usb port)
  • look very carefuly at the display for defects
  • connect (wireless) to the irex IDS (where sw updates come from): this will show that the network hw/sw is working
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
All good ideas from hansel. IMO, checking the screen is probably the most important. It's the most likely to have been damaged, if there are any problems, and also very expensive to get fixed.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote