Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
I just bought a White Jetbook

Hey guys, I just bought a white jetbook and I'm also happy you guys finally got your own forum, I made more than a few posts fighting for you guys as you seemed to deserve it.

bought it last night, waiting for it to ship. hopefully will get to by Monday.

anyway, what is the best format to read in? any tricks to get a nice looking file? hopefully something that can be exported using book designer (I heard it has FB2 Support)

I want to get 4 or 5 books ready so I can use it right away.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
YAY! Have fun with your new toy!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Congratulations and enjoy. Mobi and ePub seem to work reasonably well. I don't have any fb2 files handy. PDF is typical--tiny type on small screen. Plain text and rtf work fine, as does html. My one minor gripe is that internal hyperlinks, like mobis' ToC don't work.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
I like custom PDF's. If you use OpenOffice.org and any "Heading" styles, the headings are saved as the Table of Contents and can be used as quick links from anywhere in the PDF (Table of Contents entry in menu).

ePUB has been good to me as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't resize images if they are larger than the screen, but I just open the ePUB zip and resize the cover (or other images) myself. Irfanview can do easy batch resizes.

Note that you'll want firmware 0.33g for best formats support (including HTML).
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:49 PM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Congratulations! I hope you will like it. I mostly read ebooks in ePub, Mobi and FB2 format. I also keep all my text documents, manuals and agreements in RTF format.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert