Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Anyone using a skin with Amazon Kindle 2 cover?

I'm wondering if a skin would increase the thickness enough so that the cover wouldn't close flat.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
No, it's fine. I have a decalgirl skin (came yesterday) with a M-edge. Just be careful the first few times with the corners when you are putting it on.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
robb01
Connoisseur
robb01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
itll be okay w/ it, i have one on mine
robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #4
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
I have the amazon case too with a decalgirl skin on. Closed fine. It really adds no thickness to the device. No problems getting it in the hinges either.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Well, I ordered the iStyles Carbon. Can't wait to get it.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #6
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I can also verify that a decalgirl skin will work just fine with an amazon cover.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #7
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Yep no probs with a decal skin and medge cover.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #8
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
I actually forget that I even have a decal on! I love my Zen Revisited skin from Decal Girl. Adds no thickness at all.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
kyliedork
Connoisseur
kyliedork doesn't litterkyliedork doesn't litter

Device: kindle
yes, it still closes
kyliedork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #10
geoffthomas
geoffthomas
geoffthomas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
I can also verify that they work together.
I got my Amazon cover with the K2 when I ordered it.
Purchased a DecalGirl Dissarray skin (love it) and there is no noticeable increase in thickness.
geoffthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #11
klrodrigues
klrodrigues began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I also have a skin on mine & it closes the same.
klrodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #12
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Mine came in today. I got it off ebay dealer, more designs to choose from.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0184.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	851.0 KB
ID:	26394   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0187.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	592.5 KB
ID:	26395   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0188.JPG
Views:	327
Size:	419.2 KB
ID:	26396   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0189.JPG
Views:	304
Size:	370.2 KB
ID:	26397  

Last edited by pagansoul; 03-25-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: more pictures
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #13
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The first is mine...thinking of getting another because they are so damn pretty. Cost 14 + 5 s/h = $19 complete. I'm torn between the next two.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 5.png
Views:	319
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	26398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 6.png
Views:	315
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	26399   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 7.png
Views:	309
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	26400  
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
pagansoul
Fanatic

Here's another three that appeal to me. There's something for everyone. NOTE: I don't have anything to do with the company who makes these.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Picture 8.png
Views:	312
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	26401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 9.png
Views:	277
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	26402   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 10.png
Views:	300