Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
glenn cornish
glenn cornish began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-book
How do I delete audio files from my PRS-505?

My PRS-505 is exhausting its battery, I think because it's continually playing the music files. I've found out how to stop that, but can't find anywhere, including the manual, how to delete audio files. Anyone know please??

thanks
glenn cornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I've never put audio on the Sony, but wouldn't you just delete the files listed under audio in the library software?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
justlizz
Connoisseur
justlizz began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
I dont know about audio but I ended up with lots of pictures on that I did not want so I used the sony software and deleted them so I think you should be able to do that with audio
lizz
justlizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
glenn cornish
glenn cornish began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-book
I'll try it - was only thinking of doing it on the device itself!

Thanks
glenn cornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
When you connect it to your PC, it is mounted as a "drive" just like a USB drive would be. Go into Windows Explorer, navigate to the devices drive, go into the music folder and delete away.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
You can pause the audio, and I don't believe it uses extra battery life when paused.

I think you can also stop the audio without removing the audio files by doing a device shutdown. On the Reader Menu, do Settings > Advanced Settings > Device Shutdown.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote