Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #16
Jakodai
Jakodai began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
It would probably be a good idea to mention the ebook format you're reading when there is a problem. They don't all use the same SW for reading & button monitoring. I know that the Mobipocket is different from the FB2. (Although I think the RTF & FB2 use the same SW. May be mistaken.) This might help ensure that it is, indeed, the HW that is at fault.
Hi slayda, I totally agree - NOW... lol.

Up until a few weeks ago I had never even ehard of electronic book readers, so I'm still learning about them, and really didn't consider the fact that the readers act differently with different formats. It makes so much sense now, but I didn't really consider it before hand...
Jakodai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:44 AM   #17
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I've had problems with the unit rebooting (using Mobipocket SW) when trying to turn the page. Don't know if the other SW has the same problem and haven't been able to faithfully repeat the problem.
Crengine, the software used to display fb2 and rtf on the V3s also suffers from the same, or at least similar, problems. It seems to happen with no rhyme or reason, but more often with fb2 than with rtf, and it can manifest in three different ways:
a) a veeeery long time to turn the page (kinda rare for me),
b) a veeeery long wait and then a reboot (happens the most frequently of the three),
c) a complete crash, requiring you to take something pointy to the reset button hole on the back of the device (fortunately also relatively rare). This is the reason I have permanently attached a paper clip to the clasp of the leather cover.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert