Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-22-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Beware of generic batteries

Today I read about a user describing his experience with a generic extended battery he bought for his Dell Axim X50v.

For two months ago I bough a DELL 2200mAh battery on Ebay. Now This week I noticed it started to leak. I have ask the guy to replace this battery. So beware what you're bying on Ebay. His refs (the seller) where OK. On the picture you can see the brown stuff is coming out, left below corner. I am glad it wasn't in my DELL X50v. Nevertheless $71.25 down the drain.

Apparently the guy he bought the battery from goes under the eBay alias Perfect Deals (which is kinda ironic). I think you should think twice before buying generic batteries from eBay. Instead, my recommendation is to either go with the original product, or to shop at one of the more better known battery vendors such as Lion Battery (look for batteries by Mugen).
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 03:46 PM   #2
Skibum
Enthusiast
Skibum began at the beginning.

Device: X50V
I see that the Mugen battery for the X50V is of no increased capacity...Rather dissapointing. Assuming the price is the same for the Mugen, and the original equipment battery, which is the better choice?
Skibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2005, 03:31 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I think you are on the safer side warrenty-wise if you go for the original extended battery (I bought it though haven't really used it except for on the plane).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote