Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 11-07-2009, 06:33 AM   #91
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by torbich View Post
I do not have V5, only V3, and on V3 all works fine.
I'll try to pass the problem to developers of Ukrainian firmware.
Thank you, that would be great!!!!!!!!!!
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:43 AM   #92
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Beware of doing a replace all on (2) above (I think the description means it should read -
(2) Find "amp;" / Replace with "&" (i.e. no leading space) if it is to catch "R&R")

Consider what would happen to the following :
"They arrived at the camp; set up their tent ...."

BobC
No, (2) should read as is, with leading spaces! The instructions I gave are what I use on all books and are correct:

Quote:
(1) Find " amp; " (without quotes, of course) / Replace with " & "
(2) Find " amp;" / Replace with "&"
That's why it works, because it will not pick up words like "camp;" and change them to "c&" - the & error is because the string " amp;" (with leading space) is used for & when BD generates the FB2, instead of "&".

If you do the changes in the order I have given, with leading spaces as indicated, it will work correctly. If you do it wothout leading spaces you get the big problem you described.

Cheers!
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Maybe, but I only read fiction novels without footnotes.
Give The Discworld series a go and you'll find the need for endnotes to be rather important.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #94
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Give The Discworld series a go and you'll find the need for endnotes to be rather important.
Sometimes footnotes are important in fiction books. Apparently OOoFBTools does a good job of building footnotes so they display at the bottom of the page with the para referring to the note - I still have to try it myself, but you can see an example in this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...27960&p=648242

Cheers!
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:41 AM   #95
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
Sometimes footnotes are important in fiction books. Apparently OOoFBTools does a good job of building footnotes so they display at the bottom of the page with the para referring to the note - I still have to try it myself, but you can see an example in this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...27960&p=648242

Cheers!
Since FB2 is the format that I like best I would really like to give OOoFBTools a try if I could ever find instructions on how to use it written in a language that I can read.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #96
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
New SDK Firmware

NEWS,
Russians are working on multiple viewer on each format.
for example, you can choose to use Adobe Reader for EPUB or back to the EPUB viewer.
http://files.mail.ru/AF7VP5

Amended bookshelf:
- You can run the alternative reading room for multiple formats
- Removed the book are also removed from the list of recent books
- Select a book on the shelf is highlighted frame
- Change the system font affects the very shelf
- The battery icon is redrawn - filled with black sections, but not white
- Disabled code, gulping "extra" keystrokes (if you quickly press a few times, such as paging, it worked before only once, the other "swallowed", now - will consistently work out all these hits). It has been suggested that this feature - the cause of the strange keyboard.

More about alternative reader:
In the firmware in the / root / etc / filetype.conf for each type of file can now specify two viewer.
The first (primary) is called when the custom of opening the book - short press of numbers - numbers of books in the list.
The alternative - when you open the book from the context menu (long press figure, displays a menu to open / copy / delete - 1 = open).
In this firmware - the following settings newsreaders:
txt, html, rtf: primary = CoolReader3, alternative = China
pdf: primary = Adobe, alternative = xpdf
epub: primary = Adobe, alternative = CoolReader3
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:14 AM   #97
kspn
kspn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut View Post
Hi, I downloaded the V5 firmware from the Ukrainian site as well - I think the current version listed on the Ukrainian website is 30 Oct. 09 and this firmware has a file delete function (keep any key depressed) and that is great!! BUT, I also have the Russian language problem but it only happens with FB2 files: the in-file settings menu is in Russian and changing the system language does not change that. Did anybody find a solution for this?
And this firmware has an option to set an internal clock. Does anyone know if that clock can be displayed in a book?
Thanks for any info!
booknut
Has anyone found a solution to this?
I like the firmware but not being able to read the menu options makes it a little hard to change settings.
kspn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #98
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspn View Post
Has anyone found a solution to this?
I like the firmware but not being able to read the menu options makes it a little hard to change settings.
The latest CoolReader has English menus as an option, but it is not in the 30 October Lbook firmware. Hopefully, the new CoolReader version will be in the next Lbook release. Until then, I got this menu information out of the latest CoolReader and it seems valid, as far I can tell, for the CoolReader version in the 30 October Lbook firmware.

Code:
TOP MENU 1
1 About
2 Go to page dialog (2)
3 Recent Book list (Long 6)
4 Find in dictionary (Long 3)
5 Cite selection dialog
6 Bookmark list  (7)
7 Search dialog
8 Settings menu (Long OK)
TOP MENU 2
1 Show manual