Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Kobo order turnaround time?

I'm about to order a couple tablets from Kobo so I can write a review. How long should I expect to have to wait for the order, 2 weeks? 3 weeks?

Has Kobo fixed the whole "place the order, lose the order, ship the order" process?

Thanks!
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
From the feedback when they had their sale a few weeks ago I'd say the ordering process is still questionable...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=228357

As far as time. When I got my Aura HD in April it was; ordered April 18th, shipped April 23rd, arrived April 26th
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
I don't think any of that is fixed. But from where to where are you shipping? (The Edinburgh makes me think UK, the DC makes me think US). Two weeks max for Canada and the US from the moment you place the order. Elsewhere... you'll have to ask people in those elsewheres
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
CaffeBreak
Enthusiast
CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.CaffeBreak is that somebody.

Device: Aura - Aura HD - Mini
I'm in the US. I ordered mine on a Monday and got it the following Monday.
CaffeBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm about to order a couple tablets from Kobo so I can write a review. How long should I expect to have to wait for the order, 2 weeks? 3 weeks?

Has Kobo fixed the whole "place the order, lose the order, ship the order" process?

Thanks!
Have you tried Politics and Prose bookstore? They are located in DC and sell Kobo products locally. You might be able to walk in and buy a Kobo tablet tonight.

http://www.politics-prose.com/kobo
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
Have you tried Politics and Prose bookstore? They are located in DC and sell Kobo products locally. You might be able to walk in and buy a Kobo tablet tonight.

http://www.politics-prose.com/kobo
They have the new hardware in stock? Now that's a surprise!

Powell's doesn't, and Family Christian doesn't. I had assumed that the hardware hadn't been distributed yet.

Thanks!
Old 12-24-2013, 01:33 AM   #7
harristoyles
twentyreader
harristoyles began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
My Aura was delivered a week after I ordered it which was a big surprise for two reasons:
1. I'm in Australia and it usually takes weeks for things to be delivered from overseas.
2. I hadn't received a shipping notification email! I was about to contact them about it the day it actually arrived. A month later the email showed up. Pretty odd, I'd definitely say that the delivery process is still questionable.
harristoyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
They have the new hardware in stock? Now that's a surprise!

Powell's doesn't, and Family Christian doesn't. I had assumed that the hardware hadn't been distributed yet.

Thanks!
I didn't phone this store myself and given the time to Christmas you should phone ahead but the indie stores here finally got their orders of the new hardware.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
bearymore
Connoisseur
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
I ordered mine on December 6, it didn't ship until the 11th when the shipping label was generated, was not actually received by the post office until the 14th, and sat in customs for 5 days. It is now, apparently, actually on its way. As of today, 12/24, I still have not received it. I'm in the US.

Bottom line, their 7-10 business day shipping estimate on the web site is pure marketing hype.

Last edited by bearymore; 12-24-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #10
Rime
Rime is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle3
I've been trying to order an Aura HD for the last 3 weeks. The last Customer Care email ( Dec 23 ) said that they still had problems with the website.
Rime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I didn't phone this store myself and given the time to Christmas you should phone ahead but the indie stores here finally got their orders of the new hardware.
Oh, definitely. P&P is nearly an hour away from me.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #12
user38
Enthusiast
user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.user38 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by harristoyles View Post
My Aura was delivered a week after I ordered it which was a big surprise for two reasons:
1. I'm in Australia and it usually takes weeks for things to be delivered from overseas.
2. I hadn't received a shipping notification email! I was about to contact them about it the day it actually arrived. A month later the email showed up. Pretty odd, I'd definitely say that the delivery process is still questionable.
I got mine from JB Hi Fi two days ago. They were so new in the store that they hadn't been put on the shelves yet and the sales person did not know they were in stock until he checked the JB website.

But they only had the pink ones.

Stephen
user38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #13
harristoyles
twentyreader
harristoyles began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
I got mine from JB Hi Fi two days ago. They were so new in the store that they hadn't been put on the shelves yet and the sales person did not know they were in stock until he checked the JB website.

But they only had the pink ones.
I saw them the other day too! But alas still only pink.. No clue why. Even on the website they only sell pink ones.. I'm more happy with my black one Just gotta wait to buy a case for the damn thing.
harristoyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Best Buy now has the new Kobo gadgets in stock.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:50 AM   #15
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Best Buy now has the new Kobo gadgets in stock.
Are they supposed to be in the stores? Checking the BB website, I see they are available for "Ship to store", but I don't see them as available at the stores (in Connecticut).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote