Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
Clownzer
Clownzer began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Onyx M92 - On The Way - Continuous Review

Long time member here who loves to lurk . Just letting everyone know that I am finally going to start contributing to MobileRead by posting an initial, post three day, post one week and then a month out review of the Onyx M92.

Just for a little background information of myself, I have had nearly every tablet from the Xoom 1, Icona Tab, every Ipad version, kindle Fire, Nook Original, Nexus 10 and most recently the Surface Pro. The Surface Pro lasted the shortest amount of time in my hands coming in right under 1 week before it was returned. Although the Surface Pro is a power house, it killed me that using the desktop on the SP was nearly impossible at 100% resolution. Attempting to use the desktop (on the tablet) without increasing the magnification of the text would cause eye strain, so back it went.

It seems no matter what tablet I have owned the biggest downfall for me was that it could not handle PDFs very well (although the Nexus 10 did a fairly decent job). What I mean by that is either the letters were too small to read (I have 20/20 vision btw) or when magnified I had to scroll down to see the rest of the page. Eye strain was also an issue as I found myself getting sleepy after reading for 30 minutes.

The Onyx M92 will be my first e-ink device and I am hoping it not only fills the hole in my PDF wants and desires but fills it and seals it over with four tons of concrete.

The ability to use an ereader with technical books (mainly programming and M$ books) is invaluable to me as now I just lug around paper copies.

Stay tuned the device should arrive tomorrow!
Clownzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
KillerRabbit
KillerRabbit began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
I look forward to reading your updates. It sounds like some of your uses overlap with mine. I've been considering the M92, but have been on the fence.

I bought a Irex Iliad years ago and have never been satisfied with it. The M92 seems to be the closest e-ink device out of the current pool that best fits my wants.
KillerRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert