Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 Pro
PB912 - Networking, BT and widget (homescreen)

I just tried Blue Tooth (BT) connection with my laptop and it works well. It received file to "received" folder on device, so I need to move it after transfer.
This is more practical than plugging USB cable constantly, or removing SD.

However, i need info about two things:
1. Is it possible to make network share, so I can access all folders on device via WiFi from PC (as I am connected with USB)?
2. Is there a Widget which includes BT+WiFi management which can be shown on home screen (since BT menu is hidden deep inside config menu). If not, this would be practical to have.
porga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I don't know the answer to 2) (I don't use BT), but I can answer 1).

There is no way to do traditional file sharing without first getting root access on the device, and that is not possible at the moment. However, if you're willing to install the sshd package I put together, you can use a client like Filezilla to access the ereader's file system via sftp (secure ftp) and WiFi. @abijah gave instructions on how to set that up in this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=27.

Of course, you can also just use the command-line tools sftp or scp to copy files to and from the ereader without Filezilla.

Edit: With new firmware versions, you should use the username 'sreader' rather than 'reader' when connecting to the ereader.

Last edited by rkomar; 02-02-2013 at 01:38 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 Pro
FTP is an interesting solution, faster than BT, and I suppose it has direct approach to SD.
Give me the link where I can download that app, please.
porga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
If you go to abijah's post, there is a link in the top right that points to the original thread. Look at the first post in that thread for the download.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
I don't know if it works with PB 912, but with 603 you can assign a key press to a "Task Manager" which has bt, wifi, screenshot, music player commands at hand, as well as last 10 opened books.
look in configuration > key mapping > Global keys.
I have assigned a short press of on/off button to that task manager, an my key is worn by intense use.

Last edited by preempalver; 02-02-2013 at 08:44 PM.
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert