Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
jckatz
Connoisseur
jckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litter

Device: SONY PSR-500
Anyone know how to convert IMP files

I came across an ebook in the IMP format but I can't figure out how to convert it.

Fictionwise lists the IMP file as
OEBFF Full VGA [.IMP]
OEBFF Half VGA [.IMP]

A little further research and I find the OEBFF stands for Open Ebook file format. So I am kind of shocked that I can't find a converter for it.
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:19 AM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I believe that IMP is a dead end format. By that I mean that you can create IMP format books but you cannot do anything with the IMP format except read them. I have never seen a converter that took IMP as an input.

I know that all of the ebooks that I have posted at MobileRead in IMP format are also available here in Sony/BBeB/LRF format so no conversion is needed for your Sony PRS-500.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert