Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Screen non responsive

Well, bummer! My screen isn't working on my NST most of the time now. This has been going on intermittently for the past few months. I took it into the store, the guy there did a hard reset, that seemed to fix it for a week or so. I have done a couple hard resets myself, same result. Last night I couldn't even get it to swipe to get onto my home page.
It hasn't been a year since I bought it, so I guess I can call and get a replacement? The only problem is, they will send a refurb, right? Mine is in absolutely perfect condition, no scratches, no wear marks, nothing. Honestly, I haven't used it much because of it's glitch y-ness.
Has anyone else had to return their NST? Was the process easy? What proof of purchase do I need?
I'm just so disappointed. I really liked my NST, I really just wanted it to work!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Well, bummer! My screen isn't working on my NST most of the time now. This has been going on intermittently for the past few months. I took it into the store, the guy there did a hard reset, that seemed to fix it for a week or so. I have done a couple hard resets myself, same result. Last night I couldn't even get it to swipe to get onto my home page.
It hasn't been a year since I bought it, so I guess I can call and get a replacement? The only problem is, they will send a refurb, right? Mine is in absolutely perfect condition, no scratches, no wear marks, nothing. Honestly, I haven't used it much because of it's glitch y-ness.
Has anyone else had to return their NST? Was the process easy? What proof of purchase do I need?
I'm just so disappointed. I really liked my NST, I really just wanted it to work!
S
Clean the space between the screen and the border. That is where the infrared transmitters and receivers are that detect touch. Dirt there (even just a hair) will prevent the screen from working correctly.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, cleaned it, over and over and over!
Actually, can't believe it, but customer support was there on a Sunday! I got the call in, no hold, and a replacement unit approved. I guess where I had already been into the store with the problem helped. My store even does the exchange, instead of having to wait for it to be shipped. All and all a very easy and painless process so far!
Let's see how the store exchange goes! Not sure if I will make it there today or not, but sometime this week.
S
Old 10-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I was going to say that exchanging it is very easy, even through the mail. I exchanged a NST before they allowed you to do it in the store, and I got the replacement very quickly in the mail. Of course, going to a store is much easier, so it sounds like you should be all set. Good idea to exchange it even if your device is spotless, since it is misbehaving.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
silverraven
Guru

Just wanted everyone to know the exchange went great! Super easy, no hassles at all. And the 'refurb' looks great, no scratches or scuffs at all.
Thank you Barnes and Nobles for making the exchange painless!
S
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Glad to hear! B&N, both at the store and over the phone, were VERY helpful in solving my problems as well. No replacement necessary, but it's good to know that if I did need one, it will be smooth. My gets a bit abused - tossed into my purse over and over, dragged by the cat, knocked over. No problems.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote