Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-23-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
schulzmc
Zealot
schulzmc doesn't litterschulzmc doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Text File with web links?

OK - if this is a dorky question please forgive me.

I'd like to put a text file on my Kindle that would contain nothing more than a couple of links to web pages I frequent. It would save a lot to only have to open the "book" and hit the link.

Is there any way to do that?
schulzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by schulzmc View Post
OK - if this is a dorky question please forgive me.

I'd like to put a text file on my Kindle that would contain nothing more than a couple of links to web pages I frequent. It would save a lot to only have to open the "book" and hit the link.

Is there any way to do that?
I tried it by copy and pasting the links into notepad, then changing the extension from .txt. to .html. I then emailed the file to my Kindle. It's not pretty and if you have a bunch of links it will be confusing but it did work. I clicked on a link and the browser opened and went to the correct web page.

You can add new web bookmarks to the built in bookmarks and it will be easier to navigate.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #3
schulzmc
Zealot
schulzmc doesn't litterschulzmc doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
That worked perfectly - thanks!

I pasted two links into a Word document, saved it as html, and emailed it to the Kindle. Now I have a "book" that will take me straight to the links.
schulzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by schulzmc View Post
That worked perfectly - thanks!

I pasted two links into a Word document, saved it as html, and emailed it to the Kindle. Now I have a "book" that will take me straight to the links.
Yay! Glad it worked for you. I had forgotten that Word is an html editor (I use Dreamweaver). It should make a nicer looking "book" of links for you than notepad (without html coding).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote