Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
T1 Dies Then (Semi) Recovers

Reading my T1 at the gym today when it suddenly switched off. Screen was dark then that annoying circular arrow symbol came up. Then dark, the arrow etc etc.

I lumbered off the treadmill and did a reset and the Home screen finally reappeared but when I tried to open the book I was reading, which I had purchased from Sony, I got a message that it was DRM protected and could not open.

But I can open non-DRM books (thank you Patricia Clark Memorial Library). When I got back home, I plugged my T1 into my laptop but the Sony Reader software does not show the T1 Reader. I can open Sony purchased books on my laptop but still not on the T1.

Also, I can open the Sony purchased books on my iPad and iPhone. Go figure.

Would appreciate any advice.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Did you check to see if the device is still authorized for DRM - (Settings-Device Information) if it is not you should use your T1 to log into your sony store account.. this should re-authorize your T1
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Thanks. Will give it a try
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
You should be fine after you reauthorize. Similar behavior has periodically (but infrequently) happened to my T1. I have also seen others post the same issue. It has not happened on my T2.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #5
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
That happened to me once, too. Once I reauthorized the reader it was fine. Hasn't happened again (yet!)
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
Natbun
Natbun began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I had this same problem happen to my T1 tonight. I rebooted and went to the Reader Store on the device and it asked me to login- first time it's asked me to do that again in almost 2 years of ownership.

I'm disappointed that my T1 seems to crash and hang constantly these days. It's not even heartening to hear that others are experiencing the same thing. I love my T1 and have got a lot of use out of it, but it's sad that it seems their long-term quality is not reliable. Thanks for the help in this thread.
Natbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:03 AM   #7
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
My T1 also got worse over time - until I discovered that the internal flash memory started dying... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=220190

Luckily it was within warranty and I just got it back repaired.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote