Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
netrobot
Edge User

Anyone manage their Uverse DVR (att.com) using the PE's browser?

I like controlling my DVR (on uVerse) on the internet. I can do it on my PCs, but I can't seem to log into att.com using my PE. I don't know if it's a browser issue, or that the browser has my username cached.

I try to edit the name that comes up, but I cannot erase it all. Is there a way to remove what the browser has remembered about ONE website? (I'd like to leave my username/passwords in place for the others)?

Maybe it's the browser? Is there a browser others are happy with on Android?

Also, I found if I press in a non-linked spot, I can get the zoom in/out tool to appear. Is there a button or keystroke that does this TOO? Sometimes the website has so many hidden links it's hard to enable the tool without navigating away.

It would be really useful to have an eInk document that describes what every button does when pushed or held in every app. I finally figured out how to find the running apps. (hold Home key down) It's on pg. 18 of the Users Guide.

On a PC/laptop we have WirelessKeyView (from nirsoft.net) to dig out the wireless keys we've entered for various WiFi sites. Is there an equivalent way of retrieving the wireless sites and keys in an Android? If I wanted to backup and restore the thing, it would be a pain to have to go back and ask everyone again (and admit that I bricked my tablet).

Old 05-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
Filark
Edge User

Whew! So many questions!

I don't have all your answers, but here are a few: Other people have had success with Dolphin, Opera and some others. Look for "Browsers" in the Apps thread. I use the built-in browser plus my Roboform browser even though there are some fiddly issues with the keyboard or the zoom tool. You can double-tap to zoom in and out.

Don't know what to tell you about the other stuff. Sometimes it's hard to get the keyboard out of its own way, but usually if I keep trying I can manage it. Did you get into your att account?

Advert
Old 05-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
netrobot
Edge User

http://www.freewarelovers.com/androi...r_HD_4.5.0.apk
is the link I used to get Dolphin.
That browser doesn't show the DVR manager either unfortunately. I get a failure to validate my username & password on every browser I've tried on Android. I know I got them both correct because I logged in clean (not "remembered") on my PC and did a cut and paste of the values into the fields on the Android.

The Android tablet has certainly had it's frustrations, but to be honest, no more than I have experienced with my WebOS (Palm) phone.