Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #76
belden
Enthusiast
belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 (US)
Something I Noticed

Here's something I noticed. As was previously mentioned, the ads for deals at Amazon usually change every four days. When I clicked (and I am still seeing it now) on the offer for $5 from purchasing Kindle Singles it says it has to be redeemed by June 2nd, which would be four days from when the offer became available. This is on the details page with the link to 'Email Me This Offer' on my Kindle. However the link posted above with the details on Amazon's site gives the date it must be redeemed by as June 15th, and on my Kindle when I click the 'View Special Offers' option under the menu, the text under the 'Spend $5 on Kindle Singles and get a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card' ALSO says "Claim this offer by June 15, 2011".

Previously this was the date when the ads were changed which leads me to believe that with the introduction of the new 3G with special offers and the increase in the number of customers, they are going to go from offering 7-8 Amazon deals a month to 2.

This also leads me to another question, how long do you think the KSO will be supported and updated by Amazon? A year from now if they have introduced a new model will they still be updating the ads every few days and offering new deals or will they just move to regular ads without having any kind of special offers and update them once a month?
belden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #77
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by belden View Post
Here's something I noticed. As was previously mentioned, the ads for deals at Amazon usually change every four days. When I clicked (and I am still seeing it now) on the offer for $5 from purchasing Kindle Singles it says it has to be redeemed by June 2nd, which would be four days from when the offer became available. This is on the details page with the link to 'Email Me This Offer' on my Kindle. However the link posted above with the details on Amazon's site gives the date it must be redeemed by as June 15th, and on my Kindle when I click the 'View Special Offers' option under the menu, the text under the 'Spend $5 on Kindle Singles and get a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card' ALSO says "Claim this offer by June 15, 2011".
Here's how it works:
  • the page on the KSO says you have to claim the offer before the end of 02 Jun
  • claiming means clicking on the link to have an email sent to you (usually with a promo code)
  • claiming is NOT the same as redeeming
  • claiming deadlines are generally 4 days after the offer first appears
  • getting this email means you have officially claimed the offer
  • you then have until the end of 15 Jun to redeem this offer
For offers without promo codes (like the current one), I'm not sure if claiming deadlines really matter.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #78
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belden View Post
Previously this was the date when the ads were changed which leads me to believe that with the introduction of the new 3G with special offers and the increase in the number of customers, they are going to go from offering 7-8 Amazon deals a month to 2.

This also leads me to another question, how long do you think the KSO will be supported and updated by Amazon? A year from now if they have introduced a new model will they still be updating the ads every few days and offering new deals or will they just move to regular ads without having any kind of special offers and update them once a month?
If the current schedule holds, a new ad should appear on 03 Jun.

I have no idea how long this ad campaign will last, the frequency of new offers, or even what it will look like a year from now; let alone which models will contain these ads/offers.

My suggestion is to take advantage of it now; while the deals are hot.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the offers to date and the free Kindle Amazon has given me
Old 05-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #79
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
Oh well, I'll see in a few days. If I can get the 50% off case, I'm good.
Is that when you'll get your 3G?
Old 05-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #80
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I ordered yesterday so I am assuming the end of the week unless they upgrade my shipping like last time. As soon as I see it, I'll let you know what the ads are so you can compare them to the WiFi version.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #81
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
I ordered yesterday so I am assuming the end of the week unless they upgrade my shipping like last time. As soon as I see it, I'll let you know what the ads are so you can compare them to the WiFi version.
Thanks; I appreciate it
Old 05-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #82
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
If the current schedule holds, a new ad should appear on 03 Jun.

I have no idea how long this ad campaign will last, the frequency of new offers, or even what it will look like a year from now; let alone which models will contain these ads/offers.

My suggestion is to take advantage of it now; while the deals are hot.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the offers to date and the free Kindle Amazon has given me
That Kindle single offer could just as easily have been reversed, buy a gift card and get sent some Kindle Singles, Amazon must be trying to push those things, but to me there's something weird about em.

Did you have to spend 100 dollars or so to get 100 dollars worth of extra merchandise from Amazon?
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #83
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
That Kindle single offer could just as easily have been reversed, buy a gift card and get sent some Kindle Singles, Amazon must be trying to push those things, but to me there's something weird about em.

Did you have to spend 100 dollars or so to get 100 dollars worth of extra merchandise from Amazon?
It could have. Since these prices all end in .99, you'll have to spend a minimum of $5.94 to take advantage of the offer. Not sure I'll bite on this one, because none of them appeal to me.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #84
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
It could have. Since these prices all end in .99, you'll have to spend a minimum of $5.94 to take advantage of the offer. Not sure I'll bite on this one, because none of them appeal to me.
I was already considering getting Bittman's Single. Other than the free ones, the only other one I've bought was the 2084 story. Most are just long journalism pieces, such as you would get in a magazine (and the magazine would be 2.99/month, so not such a great deal, even for the ones that aren't also free on the web). Not sure I can find enough to get the $5 card, but I'll check the available options again closer to the deadline.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #85
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
Amazon loves to get these in user's hands so I'll have it Wednesday. As soon as I get the offers, I'll post.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:40 AM   #86
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
Hmmm....guess I haven't gotten the hang of how multiquote works yet. Oh well!

anyway, I'll look forward to seeing how the KSO 3g works, and what special deals it comes with, so keep us posted. I'm planning on ordering one of the KSO's this week (but will probably just get the Wifi version). I really wanted some of those past offers though....I wish they'd set them up in a way that people who just got their kindles could get the old ones.
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:15 AM   #87
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
Next to the "Quote" button is a smaller one with a quote icon. Hover your mouse over it. It will read "Multi-Quote This Message". Now click on that button for each post you wish to multi-quote, except for the last post. For that one, click on the "Quote" button; which will then launch all of your multi-quotes.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:29 AM   #88
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
Quote:
Next to the "Quote" button is a smaller one with a quote icon. Hover your mouse over it. It will read "Multi-Quote This Message". Now click on that button for each post you wish to multi-quote, except for the last post. For that one, click on the "Quote" button; which will then launch all of your multi-quotes.
I'd always wondered how that worked, too! Thanks for asking and answering!
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:46 AM   #89
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
Old 06-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #90
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
Yay, thanks! I tried to do it last night, but wasn't able to get both quotes I wanted in there, because I hadn't done the second step!

I keep checking this thread everyday to see what the new offers are, and I realize it's just making me sad I didn't get the KSO sooner! Oh well....I will order it soon!
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote