Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
Tired of being patient

So I've had my Kobo Wifi since November, practically when it first came out. I've been waiting for the upgrade that would fix the sideloaded-epub-sleep-problem ever since then. I've been good, I've been patient- every time someone tells me "Don't worry, the update is coming" I've been nice and smiley-faced and said "Okay, I can wait a bit longer." But now it's been nearly half a year (dangit!), and I'm still waiting! 1.9 is out, and it's not getting to me. And no, don't tell me to "sync" via the desktop app- I don't have it, I can't get it, because it won't run on my computer.
I'm just a bit fed up with being patient!
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Do you have wifi? You can connect it via wifi and pound on the sync button perhaps. Otherwise you may be able to find a side load version of the firmware. I found one for my literati so they are likely out there somewhere.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Do you have wifi? You can connect it via wifi and pound on the sync button perhaps. Otherwise you may be able to find a side load version of the firmware. I found one for my literati so they are likely out there somewhere.
Yes, I have Wifi. Yes, I'm connecting to it on a daily basis. No, there isn't a sync button.
Sideloaded firmware- hmm...
Old 04-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amo View Post
Yes, I have Wifi. Yes, I'm connecting to it on a daily basis. No, there isn't a sync button.
Sideloaded firmware- hmm...
The sync button is on the shop tab, then select update library. That should trigger the update.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
When I press the 'shop' button I get a menu. The menu is divided into

Store
- Home
- Top 50
- Categories
- Recommended
- News & Magazines
- Free
- Search

Connect
- Update Library

Wireless
- Turn Off Wireless
- Wireless Setup

There's no sync there.

When you go into the Home page of the store, the five tabs at the top are:

Home - Categories - Recommended - Free - Search

No sync :-(
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Sorry, on mine it is called sync but on yours it is "update library" which means the same thing.

Dale
Old 04-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
That was the first thing I tried, does bugger all. Do I have to keep trying it?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #8
amo
Teaist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The sync button is on the shop tab, then select update library. That should trigger the update.
I didn't know that "update library" is the same thing as "sync" on the desktop app. Thanks! (Still doesn't do anything for me, but hey, new info is always useful.)
Old 04-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
amo,
As Sameer mentioned in another thread, we are increasing the rollout for 1.9 to 100% in the next day or so. It should be available to all Kobo/Indigo/Chapters customers before the week is out.
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
JC; any chance of a comment on the multiple versions of firmware people have seen on the Wifi unit? Take a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1480653 . We've seen both r24894 dated March 1 and r25373 dated March 29 both flagged as 1.90.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:58 AM   #11
amo
Teaist

Yey, I finally got it!! Do you think my incessant whining had anything to do with it?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #12
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
JC; any chance of a comment on the multiple versions of firmware people have seen on the Wifi unit? Take a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1480653 . We've seen both r24894 dated March 1 and r25373 dated March 29 both flagged as 1.90.
There was a minor bug fix between these versions that won't affect most people. If you have either version, you will have all the new features.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #13
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amo View Post
Yey, I finally got it!! Do you think my incessant whining had anything to do with it?
For what it's worth, we had already planned to increase the upgrade rate before I saw your post, but I was aware of it before we made the change. Draw your own conclusions.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #14
amo
Teaist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCKobo View Post
For what it's worth, we had already planned to increase the upgrade rate before I saw your post, but I was aware of it before we made the change. Draw your own conclusions.