Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Sony Zipper Case - PRSA-CP65?

The Zipper case for the PRS-650 has dropped in price to $18.74, which is a decent price. I'm curious how it's designed though. There's only two pictures, and a poor description.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it, or has seen one live and in person.

What I want to know is simple: Does the reader "attach" to the interior of the case, so you read while holding the Reader/Case together? Or do you just yank the Reader out to read, and stick it back in when you're done?

I have the M-EDGE Latitude for my PRS-505, and the Reader sits securely inside the case, with four anchors holding the Reader firmly in place. If the Sony Zipper Case is designed similarly, the current price is a great deal. But if it's just a case to hold the Reader while you're not reading, that doesn't sound so hot, at least for my needs.

TIA.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
The zipper case was reviewed in the 350 and 650 covers (and a case) thread
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 02:19 AM   #3
dcross9818
Enthusiast
dcross9818 doesn't litterdcross9818 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-350, Kobo Aura, Kindle PW2, Voyage (broke), Oasis
You just pull the reader out to read, there is no way to read while in the case. It only zips half way around so it doesn't open like the m-edge cases do.

Personally, I bought it, but after receiving it, I don't think it was worth it. Too flimsy plus the fact you can't read with the reader in the case.

---dcross9818
dcross9818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:20 AM   #4
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Ahhhh, bummer, exactly what I feared!

But thank you for the answers. M-EDGE is considering a Latitude for the 650, and I'll either keep searching or being patient.

May God bless you this Christmas!

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:51 AM   #5
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcross9818 View Post
You just pull the reader out to read, there is no way to read while in the case. It only zips half way around so it doesn't open like the m-edge cases do.

Personally, I bought it, but after receiving it, I don't think it was worth it. Too flimsy plus the fact you can't read with the reader in the case.

---dcross9818
I agree. Bought one through Sony Style because the measurements they reported sounded like it would fit as a slipcase for the lighted case. No such luck. Wouldn't buy it as the only case for my PRS-650 because it is extremely flimsy and the zipper doesn't come around far enough to make it easy to take the reader out.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 02:55 AM   #6
dcross9818
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by frquixote View Post
I agree. Bought one through Sony Style because the measurements they reported sounded like it would fit as a slipcase for the lighted case. No such luck. Wouldn't buy it as the only case for my PRS-650 because it is extremely flimsy and the zipper doesn't come around far enough to make it easy to take the reader out.
Yeah, I ended up using it on my prs-350, it fits that with the the non-lighted leather case. I bought a m-edge latitude (600) for my 650, there is a little wiggle room, but it is worth it for the extra protection.

---dcross9818

Last edited by dcross9818; 12-26-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #7
Nick444
Angels Abound
Nick444 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 650
Happy Christmas all
I brought a Sony zippered case and have found it very good. The zip goes only about half way along one side so the Sony 650 will not fall out when you unzip from the top. It offers all round protection and its soft case cover means you wont get the case full of dirt of scratch the reader. I hope it fits the reader with a leather cover I am getting shortly, then I can throw it in my backpack, man bag, or luggage without worry. A good buy at 18 dollars.
Nick444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
dcross9818
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick444 View Post
Happy Christmas all
I brought a Sony zippered case and have found it very good. The zip goes only about half way along one side so the Sony 650 will not fall out when you unzip from the top. It offers all round protection and its soft case cover means you wont get the case full of dirt of scratch the reader. I hope it fits the reader with a leather cover I am getting shortly, then I can throw it in my backpack, man bag, or luggage without worry. A good buy at 18 dollars.
It won't fit the 650 with the leather cover on.

---dcross9818
Old 12-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #9
giododa
Connoisseur
giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcross9818 View Post
It won't fit the 650 with the leather cover on.

---dcross9818
You can see some photos here, post #12
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=105129
giododa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #10
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
I have the Case Logic for my PRS-600. I just received my PRS-650 as a n Xmas gift, and I got the zipper case.

I will try it out. But I did like the Case Logic for my PRS-600. The 650 will fit, and not fall out, but it will move around.

But the zipper case with the 650 is much smaller. Less room taken up in my already stuffed sholder bag.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #11
MaxLV
Connoisseur
MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
The Zipper case for the PRS-650 has dropped in price to $18.74, which is a decent price. I'm curious how it's designed though. There's only two pictures, and a poor description.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it, or has seen one live and in person.

What I want to know is simple: Does the reader "attach" to the interior of the case, so you read while holding the Reader/Case together? Or do you just yank the Reader out to read, and stick it back in when you're done?

I have the M-EDGE Latitude for my PRS-505, and the Reader sits securely inside the case, with four anchors holding the Reader firmly in place. If the Sony Zipper Case is designed similarly, the current price is a great deal. But if it's just a case to hold the Reader while you're not reading, that doesn't sound so hot, at least for my needs.

TIA.

-Pie
REPOST:

My solution to the x50 Reader case dilema.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=MaxLV
MaxLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
Ahhhh, bummer, exactly what I feared!

But thank you for the answers. M-EDGE is considering a Latitude for the 650, and I'll either keep searching or being patient.

May God bless you this Christmas!

-Pie
M-Edge can kiss my a$$. They are so full of BS. There is/was plenty of interest in products for the new Sony Readers and yet they won' make any product. Yet, when other devices come out, they make product. For example, they announced product for the nook color before it was released. I highly doubt they got enough people saying we want covers. SO really, M-Edge can go out of business and I would not care.

As for the Sony sleeve, forget it. It won't hold a 650 with cover. I don't know if it holds a 300 or 350 with light cover. But if you have a regular cover, a 300 or 350 will fit.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:29 AM   #13
Nick444
Angels Abound
Nick444 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 650
Wow, Christmas and New Year are over and I received my new Sony cover for my 650. The first thing I did after fitting it to the reader was to slip it in the Sleeve. It fits like a glove, very snug and safe. Unzip is a little tight around the corners but it will be no problem with the stretch neoprene cover.

"to be sure, to be sure" to quote an Irish joke!

I guess this is why the 650 was a floppy in the sleeve in the first place. I do not think it would fit in a cover that holds the light though.

Now we can watch 2011 fly by
Have a chilled and easy year.
Nick444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The zippered case... does it fit the 650 with the light cover?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote