Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Cool Comics from Sony

For the entire range of PSPs, Sony is offering comics (in the US they're already available, in Germany to start in about 2 weeks).
It's the usual suspects: Marvel, Disney, .....
Obviously Sony is pushing content even further.
Wouldn't it totally make sense, to exchange content between PSP and eBook readers? And maybe even other gadgets (from Sony)?
I certainly wouldn't want to read books on PSP. But comics on Sony 900?
Did anyone hear about plans for making these comics accessible for our readers?

Last edited by mgmueller; 01-08-2010 at 03:25 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Awesome! I remember Sony selling manga for readers, but not comics.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I've not heard anything about it but I am still a kid at heart so I'd definitely be interested.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
I would love it. Seems like the aspect ratio of the 900 is just about perfect for a standard 3-4 panel strip.
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I've not heard anything about it but I am still a kid at heart so I'd definitely be interested.
I've already bought 25 comics for PSP from the US store.
They've solved it quite nicely, to still be readable on the small screen.
You either can zoom and pan. Or you can move from (pre-defined) frame to frame.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegl027 View Post
I would love it. Seems like the aspect ratio of the 900 is just about perfect for a standard 3-4 panel strip.
I've downloaded all the dailies of "Dilbert" and "Garfield". Has been great on iRex iLiad. I guess, I'll repeat that experience for Sony 900.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
Dipaksomak
Enthusiast
Dipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of lightDipaksomak is a glorious beacon of light

Device: none
are you able to read cbr/cbz formats on PRS-900 ?
Dipaksomak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:01 AM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipaksomak View Post
are you able to read cbr/cbz formats on PRS-900 ?
Not natively. But of course you can extract the graphic files inside the CBR/CBZ, usually JPEGs and use them in slideshow mode. Or generate a PDF. But I'd really like to see a viewer, which can display the Sony PSP comics natively.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:03 AM   #9
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Not natively. But of course you can extract the graphic files inside the CBR/CBZ, usually JPEGs and use them in slideshow mode. Or generate a PDF. But I'd really like to see a viewer, which can display the Sony PSP comics natively.
Calibre converts cbr/cbz to .lrf very nicely.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comics, sony