Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-20-2016, 09:58 AM   #16
sjhawar
sjhawar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Great! As per your instructions, I installed sanskrit.ini and clicking on "Find" keeps moving on the very first Sanskrit word; how to ignore this word and move to the next one?
sjhawar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:03 AM   #17
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhawar View Post
Great! As per your instructions, I installed sanskrit.ini and clicking on "Find" keeps moving on the very first Sanskrit word; how to ignore this word and move to the next one?
Simply click Find again.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:14 PM   #18
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhawar View Post
I already did that but what happens is that all my endnotes become unclickable when I convert from epub to doc.
Endnotes cannot be recognized by Word automagically when importing an ePUB. They have to be linked again manually. I have not found a method to do it automatically. One of the issues is that links in the ePUB do not have to be notes.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:01 PM   #19
sjhawar
sjhawar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
@sjhawar:

IMHO, the easiest solution would be to import a Saved Search group. The Saved Search .ini format is pretty straightforward and can be easily generated from a list with a spreadsheet program or a script.

A typical Save Search file looks like this:

Code:
[search_entries]
1\Name=Group Name/Search Name
1\Find=Find1 
1\Replace=Replace1
2\Name=Group Name/Search Name
2\Find=Find2 
2\Replace=Replace2
size=2
I converted your sanskrit list to a simple Saved Search file and attached it to this post. Note that since this Saved Search contains regular expressions, you'll need to enable the Regex mode in the Find and Replace window.

To import and use a Saved Search:

1. Press CTRL+F to display the Find and Replace window and select Regex, if isn't already selected.
2. Unzip sanskrit.ini from sanskrit.ini.zip.
3. Select Tool > Saved Searches.
4. Right-click in the Saved Searches window, select Import and import sanskrit.ini. This should create an Imported group, if it doesn't already exist. (The group might also be added as a subgroup to the first selected Saved Search group.)
5. Click Imported, highlight Sanskrit and click Load Search.
6. In the Saved Searches window, click Find followed by Replace or Replace/Find.

If you didn't use italics elsewhere in the book you could also click Replace All and then double-check all italics tags.

It goes without saying, that you should make a backup of your book, before testing this potentially very dangerous method!!!
I have been able to implement the above method to italicize words one by one using Find and Replace in Regex mode. It's good to know how Tools>saved Searches can be used successfully. Thanks a lot. Problem solved!
sjhawar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, find and replace, italicize, spellcheck