Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
Amazon had given me a $30 promotional certificate for all of my PW hassles, so that's why I decided to get the case. I was going to go for black, but then it was a toss-up between black and purple. But I'm sick of black and since amethyst is my birthstone I seem to have a lot of purple things around the house. So, I have decided that I need a burst of non-purple color in my life.
My phone case is purple. If I couldn't get it in black which is very rare I would go for Purple. /that's great you got it for that price! I would of probably never got a PW if that 30% off voucher hadn't showed up after Christmas. I love my case even if I can't get the Kindle out of it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #32
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
My phone case is purple. If I couldn't get it in black which is very rare I would go for Purple. /that's great you got it for that price! I would of probably never got a PW if that 30% off voucher hadn't showed up after Christmas. I love my case even if I can't get the Kindle out of it.
Meee too! I love it so much I kinda want to pick up another color just to switch off with. The only thing that stops me is when the PW2 comes out I may buy it and this case may no longer fit so..
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Meee too! I love it so much I kinda want to pick up another color just to switch off with. The only thing that stops me is when the PW2 comes out I may buy it and this case may no longer fit so..
It be nice if the PW2 is lighter in weight but yeah Amazon will probably make a whole new case for it.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #34
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
My phone case is purple. If I couldn't get it in black which is very rare I would go for Purple. /that's great you got it for that price!
If the bright-colored border ends up bothering me, I'll try to exchange it for a purple one. It looks very nice; I just wanted something different.

I'm pretty excited! I've never gotten a case or cover for anything before, partly because it annoyed me to spend $100+ on a sleek-looking device and then have to spend another $30-$50 on something that covers it up. But in this case, I really believe that this cover will add beauty to the Kindle as well as protect it.

Quote:
I would of probably never got a PW if that 30% off voucher hadn't showed up after Christmas. I love my case even if I can't get the Kindle out of it.
Wow, 30% off? Nice!!
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #35
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It be nice if the PW2 is lighter in weight but yeah Amazon will probably make a whole new case for it.
Yes, the dimensions will likely be just different enough that it'll need a new case. A shame as I really love this case. Hopefully any new cases will be just as nice.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #36
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
When - not if - I get the PW2, I will make myself be patient and wait for slim aftermarket cases to come out. They are so much cheaper, and some are even nicer looking than the official case (I'm not crazy about the large silver buckle).
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
If the bright-colored border ends up bothering me, I'll try to exchange it for a purple one. It looks very nice; I just wanted something different.

I'm pretty excited! I've never gotten a case or cover for anything before, partly because it annoyed me to spend $100+ on a sleek-looking device and then have to spend another $30-$50 on something that covers it up. But in this case, I really believe that this cover will add beauty to the Kindle as well as protect it.
It's really feels like a book with the cover. I take my PW everywhere. It protects well but if I am traveling the case goes into a protected sleeve I have for my K3.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #38
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
I bought the black cover. Basically, Amazon took a leaf from Sony's book (funny how these expressions survive into new technology - we still "dial" phones...) - the T1 case - and improved it, in terms of looks & functionality. It seems to weigh a little more, though.

I got black because a color border on the KP would irritate me. I hated the cases which held the Kindle in place with straps, and disliked the ones where the device slipped into a case leaving case edgings that were not exactly in alignment. A little OCD of me, I guess. The effect of the standard Amazon case, and the Sony case, is to give the EBR a beveled edge.

The on/off feature of the cover is very nice.

Last edited by Harmon; 02-13-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #39
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
Are you talking the official Amazon PW cover? If you are, you can fold the cover back with no problems. I really love the cover, it's perfect! I always read with mine folded back.

The only magnetic cover I have heard of that has that problem (where it turns off if you fold it back) is the poetic cover. This cover has that problem:

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-SLIMLIN...tic+paperwhite

The official Amazon cover does not have that problem at all. You can also fix the problem on the Poetic cover by adding tinfoil inside opposite to where the magnet is, should you really want that cover.
Actually, the current poetic cover doesn't. For $4.95 and free shipping, I figured I couldn't beat it since I wasn't having much success with modifying this case with the magnets I had. It might be a newer model; the chrome sword and poetic instead if being horizontal are vertical up the outside edge. It protects the screen, turns the PW off and on, and it's dirt cheap. I don't know how much drop protection it gives since it's a hard polyethylene shell with no play, but since I don't plan to drop it...

I can use the tinfoil to make a hat so Amazon can't tell what I'm reading.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #40
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Actually, the current poetic cover doesn't. For $4.95 and free shipping, I figured I couldn't beat it since I wasn't having much success with modifying
Good to know they've fixed the issue! Thanks for letting us know.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #41
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Quote:
...Thanks for letting us know.
Gee, sparkle... Way to stomp on my feelings. How do I get to be one of "us"?

Thank YOU for letting me know the cover even existed. It's not perfect, but I like it a lot.

Quote:
...It's really feels like a book with the cover. I take my PW everywhere...
Funny, but to me it doesn't feel that way. I'm not exactly new to the Kindle Experience, but none of the others struck me the way the PW does. The Belkin case took some of the edge off, but the dirt cheap poetic case put most of it back on. Using it with no case, it was like this mystical magical... object that had words on it... that told me stories... kinda like a Magic 8 Ball squashed flat and made lots smarter.

Part of it is that there are nearly no moving parts. Part of it is that I don't have to play with it for the optimal font setting for the current light. It just works! magic... or magyk, or something.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #42
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Gee, sparkle... Way to stomp on my feelings. How do I get to be one of "us"?

Thank YOU for letting me know the cover even existed. It's not perfect, but I like it a lot.
Once you enter the mobile read lair and start posting about things like e-reader cases, you ARE one of us. I'm glad you like the case.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:03 AM   #43
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Funny, but to me it doesn't feel that way. I'm not exactly new to the Kindle Experience, but none of the others struck me the way the PW does. The Belkin case took some of the edge off, but the dirt cheap poetic case put most of it back on. Using it with no case, it was like this mystical magical... object that had words on it... that told me stories... kinda like a Magic 8 Ball squashed flat and made lots smarter.

Part of it is that there are nearly no moving parts. Part of it is that I don't have to play with it for the optimal font setting for the current light. It just works! magic... or magyk, or something.
I meant the official amazon cover makes it feel like you are holding a book. I have no clue about the other covers.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #44
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
The Kindle Paperwhite cover is hands-down the best cover I've ever had. Since it's identical to the Kindle Basic Kindle cover, without the magnetic clasp, I obviously see that clasp as a major improvement. I no long have to hunt for the damned little black button on the black case and know I've found it with the green light comes on. Now, it's just like opening a book and reading.

Oh, mine's black. I've never cared much for pretty on book covers.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #45
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
I got the cover! I love it. The color is every bit as gorgeous as I had hoped it would be, and I doubt the color border will bother me at all. It's definitely not as orange as the pictures. It's a beautiful coral color, which is exactly what I was hoping for.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote