Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 04:26 AM   #1
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
syncing sd without device

Hi to all

I'm using an ebook reader with an sd card on wich I just put files of any type to read them randomly (mainly pdfs and djvus or part of them).

I use Calibre to organize my library for non-random-to-read files.

The files managed with Calibre are on that sd too

I'd like to sync the files between Calibre and the sd card without having the reader attached to the pc.

I use save to disk to do that, but the syncing is left to my eyes.

On other words, I dont attach the device to the pc, i just unplug the sd card from the ebook reader, I plug it into an sd card reader and I plug this one in the pc. So I'd like that Calibre sees the sd like a device and syncs with it.

thanks for any clou

paolo
paolog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:45 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolog View Post
Hi to all

I'm using an ebook reader with an sd card on wich I just put files of any type to read them randomly (mainly pdfs and djvus or part of them).

I use Calibre to organize my library for non-random-to-read files.

The files managed with Calibre are on that sd too

I'd like to sync the files between Calibre and the sd card without having the reader attached to the pc.

I use save to disk to do that, but the syncing is left to my eyes.

On other words, I dont attach the device to the pc, i just unplug the sd card from the ebook reader, I plug it into an sd card reader and I plug this one in the pc. So I'd like that Calibre sees the sd like a device and syncs with it.

thanks for any clou

paolo

Look at the connect to folder option. That treats a designated (drive)folder as a device. You do need to set a device profile, as Calibre does not know what/where the folder will be used in
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
paolog
Zealot
paolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five wordspaolog can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook touch 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Look at the connect to folder option. That treats a designated (drive)folder as a device. You do need to set a device profile, as Calibre does not know what/where the folder will be used in
perfect!

paolog is offline   Reply With Quote