Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #16
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #17
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I'm just glad I wasn't the only one with problems.

Thanks for all the hard work you and the other Mods perform on a daily basis...especially on a weekend when you could be doing something fun.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #18
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Btw, what better can you think of on a sunny Saturday afternoon than fixing server troubles...

/me needs some pitty

Thanks for fixing this so quickly, Alex. I admit, I was asleep during all this.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #19
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Such a nice way to start my Saturday -- Without my MobileRead fix.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #20
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
and for some reason, none of the automated alarms were triggered by the error.
I would be looking very hard at those reasons.
In readiness for my next afternoon coffee.

Now where's my software hammer?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:21 AM   #21
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I cannot post attachments (.jpg); they do load but then I get the message of internal error 500..etc and 'server cannot access', 'try to load the page again', 'maintenance' and what-not.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #22
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I cannot post attachments (.jpg); they do load but then I get the message of internal error 500..etc and 'server cannot access', 'try to load the page again', 'maintenance' and what-not.
Has anyone else been getting this error today, folks?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #23
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Has anyone else been getting this error today, folks?
I tried it about ten times, on different browsers ( firefox,chrome), restarted my PC, logged in- and out.......that is about my level of knowhow on these things.
The last time my attachements were downloaded and I got the message that a request (??) was send to Mobile Read.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #24
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

desertblues, next time this happens to you, could you make a quick post here and link to the problematic thread/post? Also useful would be the time when you tried posting the attachment.

Thanks!
Alex
Old 12-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #25
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
I've been getting this lately on others sites, but not mobileread, and I check MR many times a day....
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:46 AM   #26
desertblues
Home for the moment

Alright, 8.43 local time (Amsterdam) and I can't get those pic's to download.
I copied the reference to it, but didn't post it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/new...te=1&p=2328389
Old 12-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #27
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Alright, 8.43 local time (Amsterdam) and I can't get those pic's to download.
I copied the reference to it, but didn't post it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/new...te=1&p=2328389
Thanks desertblues. The link points to a new reply window to an existing thread ("What is in your cup?").

I think I know the culprit though. This is one of the larger threads in our forum, with over 20000 posts! Most likely, you have your threads displayed in what is called "threaded" or "hybrid" mode, where a tree is shown along with every post (displaying the relationship each post has to the others). Unfortunately, this feature doesn't scale well, and because it is rarely used (and not enabled by default), it has not been added to the list of improvements. So if you visit a very large thread as the one you linked to, eventually our server will give you this 500 error message, basically telling you that it aborted the request to avoid memory overflows. The best thing to do is to switch the display back to linear mode by following these steps:

Please let me know if this is what has caused your problem and if changing your settings solved it.

Cheers,
Alex
Old 12-04-2012, 04:49 AM   #28
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Thanks desertblues. The link points to a new reply window to an existing thread ("What is in your cup?").

I think I know the culprit though. This is one of the larger threads in our forum, with over 20000 posts! Most likely, you have your threads displayed in what is called "threaded" or "hybrid" mode, where a tree is shown along with every post (displaying the relationship each post has to the others). Unfortunately, this feature doesn't scale well, and because it is rarely used (and not enabled by default), it has not been added to the list of improvements. So if you visit a very large thread as the one you linked to, eventually our server will give you this 500 error message, basically telling you that it aborted the request to avoid memory overflows. The best thing to do is to switch the display back to linear mode by following these steps:

Please let me know if this is what has caused your problem and if changing your settings solved it.

Cheers,
Alex
I looked at the settings and ' Linear -oldest first' is on, by default I think. I did try to download my attachments to a thread with fewer post; the DG Christmas countdown. It doesn't download at all but I get a message saying : 'request send to Mobile Read', then another small screen with nothing on it but a tiny 'F' sign (flash, I guess) in the left upper corner.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 AM   #29
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
I looked at the settings and ' Linear -oldest first' is on, by default I think. I did try to download my attachments to a thread with fewer post; the DG Christmas countdown. It doesn't download at all but I get a message saying : 'request send to Mobile Read', then another small screen with nothing on it but a tiny 'F' sign (flash, I guess) in the left upper corner.
Hmmm if you encounter these problems only when you try to download attachments (and not when visiting large threads as I described above), then indeed it's something else that's causing it.

I discovered your error in our log files. Still not sure what is causing it since this seems to be an isolated case. Do you have any browsers extensions installed? If yes, perhaps could you try to disable them, or try another browser first to see if this problem still exists?

Alex
Old 12-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #30
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Hmmm if you encounter these problems only when you try to download attachments (and not when visiting large threads as I described above), then indeed it's something else that's causing it.

I discovered your error in our log files. Still not sure what is causing it since this seems to be an isolated case. Do you have any browsers extensions installed? If yes, perhaps could you try to disable them, or try another browser first to see if this problem still exists?

Alex
desertblues has already stated that other browsers have been tried and the problem still persists.

Quote:
I tried it about ten times, on different browsers ( firefox,chrome), restarted my PC, logged in- and out.......that is about my level of knowhow on these things.
The last time my attachements were downloaded and I got the message that a request (??) was send to Mobile Read.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote