Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #1456
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Be strong, everyone. Addiction can be overcome.
Russell Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #1457
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekster View Post
Well, the Humble Bundle just -had- to go into ebooks... there goes my streak. I've always got their game bundles and found it hard to say no to the ebook one as soon as I saw the email.

Ah well, this one is definitely worth it for me!
The Humble Bundle was the first temptation and then I bought a bunch of A. C. Crispin books after reading about the disaster caused by Ridan Publishing. This did nothing for my TBR, OR my Books Bought numbers.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #1458
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Errr ... what Humble bundle? I mean, I have to know what I'm being saved from buying, ya know....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #1459
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
The Humble Bundle eBook Bundle.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #1460
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
It got me yesterday after they added the new books. Curse them!
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #1461
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have too many of the books already for it to be tempting enough for me. Although the xkcd volume did almost tip me over the edge.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #1462
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I'm still not that keen on the bonus books, except the Gaiman/McKean, and I'm only half interested in those of the main books I don't already have, but I kind of suspect I'll throw something in near the deadline, if I don't forget. It's just a case of making my mind up whether I want to beat the average or not.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #1463
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Mine is audiobooks. I can only get them if I still have audible credits or if they are under $8. Sadly, Audible keeps having those darn $6.95 sales.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #1464
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
When it comes to digital books I've done well this month. No ebooks, only a couple that were free. No new magazine subscriptions, though Macworld has been trying to get me back for the last 3 months after I let their subscription drop this year after 10 years. One pbook, a cookbook on Grilling for $20. I was thinking about my brother when I brought it but the pictures are so great and it's so well done I think I'm going to keep it for myself.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #1465
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I'm both an ebook and audiobook fanatic. My problem is that I'm not getting to read or listen to all the purchases I have already done. So, as of Nov. 1, no more than TWO ebooks or one audiobook on a sale. I will reassess in January.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #1466
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I'm both an ebook and audiobook fanatic. My problem is that I'm not getting to read or listen to all the purchases I have already done. So, as of Nov. 1, no more than TWO ebooks or one audiobook on a sale. I will reassess in January.
Welcome to the thread, Tarana. We all understand. Best of luck.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #1467
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Either I'm cured or the deals lately have been crap. I've only bought 5 ebooks in the past 2 months, which is waaaaay down from my pace earlier in the year (~30 a month). I have splurged on quite a few audiobooks over the same period, so it's unlikely I'm cured. Maybe we'll get some better deals once the price fixing settlement goes through.
Just checking up on myself. Since late August when I made this post I've bought 9 ebooks, all on sale and under $3 (mostly Kindle Daily Deals). I've also passed up a few of the recent Audible sales, so my audiobook buying has stabilized. It doesn't look like any deals will be coming my way out of the settlement, agency pricing is still intact in Canada.

I deserve a cookie.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #1468
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Hi! My name is Pooh. I am an ebook addict. I can't stop adding ebooks to my TBR list. I plan to be buried with my Kindle and a work light drop cord in my coffin - so I can have light and power to finish reading all the books I have bought/downloaded/acquired.

[memo: if I convert to Buddhism, will my ebook library follow me through my reincarnations?]
Me Too.. I just told my sole survivor of my estate.. bury me with my Kindle, iPad and Nexus 7 with a permanent lighting system..
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #1469
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
I figure I'm good for material, until about 2050...
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:08 AM   #1470
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hello Addicts, I was wondering something which you no doubt must have the answer to. About DRM books which is what you guys buy. Can one make tweaks at the css file ? I mean does the DRM prevent you from accessing the css file or modifying it ?
I'm asking cause I read a preview of an e-book I might consider purchasing and I don't like the formatting there but I fear that if I purchase it that the DRM thing won't let me change anything in the css file. So is that the case ? And I'm talking about directly accessing the css file, not about modifying with Caliber which I don't use.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote